Lurker

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
User avatar
j3bnl
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:09 am
Location: Forfar, Scotland

Re: Lurker

Post by j3bnl » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:49 am

alanplum241276 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:36 pm
Very nice looking unit. I’d prefer slightly bigger alloys but I am in my 40s.

I got mine 2 months ago. For fun, make the same car on the configurator website now.

My one which is 1 yr 3 months old is £43000 on the configurator now (the ICT is better). I paid £21000 used approved from Hatfield jag in Shrewsbury. I figured the £60 train ticket was worth it.

Would be around £40,000 I would imagine but I've not bothered to check the configurator for the exact figure.
The wheels don't bother me and I quite like the diamond cut ones, would be different if I didn't like them.
Perhaps on a red or white I would have considered an upgrade to black coloured 19's but not on a black car, too monotone for my taste.
Last edited by j3bnl on Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R Sport AWD Ultimate Black
Cold Climate Pack
Parking Pack
Space Saver Spare Wheel


User avatar
j3bnl
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:09 am
Location: Forfar, Scotland

Re: Lurker

Post by j3bnl » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:25 pm

Phil wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:58 am
A fine looking example, I do wish I had plumped for black. Is that solid or metallic?
If I'm totally honest I've no idea! :oops:
I have in my head that its solid black (Narvik Black) but now I'm not sure. :shock:
R Sport AWD Ultimate Black
Cold Climate Pack
Parking Pack
Space Saver Spare Wheel


User avatar
HaloJones
Posts: 1072
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 6:21 pm
Location: Sarf-East London

Re: Lurker

Post by HaloJones » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:49 pm

j3bnl wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:25 pm
Phil wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:58 am
A fine looking example, I do wish I had plumped for black. Is that solid or metallic?
If I'm totally honest I've no idea! :oops:
I have in my head that its solid black (Narvik Black) but now I'm not sure. :shock:
Phil, you wouldn't be still wishing for black if you had one and were trying to keep it looking good. Here in London, the rain is so dirty, my Ultimate Black car is only ever clean for minutes at a time.
Ultimate Black Portfolio 240 Petrol, Chrome Window Surrounds, Templar 18", Oyster Interior


wdig
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:55 pm

Re: Lurker

Post by wdig » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:18 pm

That's particularly impressive - was that the offer price or the result of haggling? Worth a few bob to get JLR used warranty.


User avatar
j3bnl
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:09 am
Location: Forfar, Scotland

Re: Lurker

Post by j3bnl » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:57 pm

wdig wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:18 pm
That's particularly impressive - was that the offer price or the result of haggling? Worth a few bob to get JLR used warranty.
I just haggled a slightly better deal as my experience has been that April is generally a poor month for car sales with all the hype around the change in March. The dealers also usually have a glut of trade-ins so they need to cut loose some of their stock.
This car had the spec I wanted as a minimum and I got a couple of little extras thrown in so I am happy with the deal I got.
Others may well have managed to get a better deal but I had my wish list written down and I got the list checked off completely.
R Sport AWD Ultimate Black
Cold Climate Pack
Parking Pack
Space Saver Spare Wheel


User avatar
PhilB
Posts: 4347
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:57 pm
Location: South Buckinghamshire

Re: Lurker

Post by PhilB » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:03 pm

j3bnl wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:25 pm
Phil wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:58 am
A fine looking example, I do wish I had plumped for black. Is that solid or metallic?
If I'm totally honest I've no idea! :oops:
I have in my head that its solid black (Narvik Black) but now I'm not sure. :shock:
If you open the driver's door and look at the bottom of the B pillar there should be a sticker next to the tyre pressure one giving the paint code and name which will confirm things for you.
Like this:

20160323_112755.jpg

Current: XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.


User avatar
j3bnl
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:09 am
Location: Forfar, Scotland

Re: Lurker

Post by j3bnl » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:48 pm

PhilB wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:03 pm
j3bnl wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:25 pm
Phil wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:58 am
A fine looking example, I do wish I had plumped for black. Is that solid or metallic?
If I'm totally honest I've no idea! :oops:
I have in my head that its solid black (Narvik Black) but now I'm not sure. :shock:
If you open the driver's door and look at the bottom of the B pillar there should be a sticker next to the tyre pressure one giving the paint code and name which will confirm things for you.
Like this:
20160323_112755.jpg
Thanks will check on Monday when I collect. :D
Was more intent on checking for any little bumps, dings and scratches etc.
I’m pretty sure it’s Narvik so plain old black and not the metallic black.
I have however been known to be wrong.
R Sport AWD Ultimate Black
Cold Climate Pack
Parking Pack
Space Saver Spare Wheel


User avatar
j3bnl
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:09 am
Location: Forfar, Scotland

Re: Lurker

Post by j3bnl » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:29 pm

Picked up car and I can confirm it’s ultimate black!
R Sport AWD Ultimate Black
Cold Climate Pack
Parking Pack
Space Saver Spare Wheel


Post Reply

Return to “Introductions”