Part Exchange Values

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
Pipwin1962

Part Exchange Values

Post by Pipwin1962 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:48 am

Hi everyone. I wondered whether anyone had recent experience of part ex values.
I have a 27 month old XE S 17500 miles in good condition. Been quoted £23000 part ex. Non Jag dealers saying they are finding it difficult to get quotes.
Anyone with similar experience.
I know XE S not being made anymore but dealers still trying to knock out stock cars at list price.

PhilB

Re: Part Exchange Values

Post by PhilB » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:35 am

First thing is that according to my dealer, used XE S's don't last long on the forecourt as they are snapped up very quickly.
So don't take any nonsense about them being slow sellers etc.
You can run your car details through the usual websites such as webuyanycar etc and also have a look at Parker's Guide online.
Parkers will give you a base figure but for a couple of quid extra a more accurate figure taking into account mileage and extras etc etc.
Also have a look on the Jaguar approved used site and find some the same as yours on year and mileage and see what the dealers are asking.
It used to be about a five grand mark up from trade in value.

If you are looking at a non-Jaguar dealership then have a look at which group they are part of.
A lot of the larger groups sell different marques so they may well have a Jaguar dealership(s) as well so don't let them talk you down as they "don't sell Jags".
Current: XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Pipwin1962

Post by Pipwin1962 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:15 am

THanks PhilB.

I had done the Parkers and other websites and even Jaguar and Merc own used car site online valuations and from this thought that £27000 was a reasonable value.

The Mercedes dealer was Lister and I know they have a Jaguar dealership. They were the ones saying no one really wants the XE S on Pex.

I suspect though that as this was initially sourced through car wow they are trying to recover the internet sale discount through the Pex value. I did get the OTR quote before mentioning Pex so could sell my XE S elsewhere.

Interestingly, Jaguar have still not got back to me with Pex value after 5 days. They are trying to sell me one of the two stock XE S's the have. Apparently only six left in UK.

Bluefire

Post by Bluefire » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:21 pm

You could try Evans Halshaw.
I got a quote from them online and used it to push up the dealer offer when I part-ex’d my Rsport 200.
2.0 200 Bluefire R-Sport
Templar wheels, Meridian sound, Advanced parking, Climate pack + Heated rear, Aluminium Paddles - of course :)

TonyR

Post by TonyR » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:04 pm

Hi
I would agree with PhilB's comments on XE S's being in demand by Jaguar enthusiasts with the "rarity" appeal following the discontinuation of the 3.0 litre V6 - so have you considered a private sale on Autotrader or indeed one of the Jaguar Forums ?
Particularly if it is a good low mileage example you would probably achieve more than your trade in price plus negotiate a cash discount on your new car.
Hope that helps.
XE S (340PS) 2017MY Polaris White 360 Park Distance Control, Adaptive Cruise Control with Queue Assist, Head Up Display, Auto High Beam, Winter Pack, Perpendicular Parking, Reverse Traffic Detection, Surround Camera System.

Pipwin1962

Post by Pipwin1962 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:07 pm

Checked with a few Jaguar dealers now, £23k seems to be the going rate. They are still trying to get me to pay top price for stock XES that will obviously lose more than half its value in about two years. As much as I like the XES and the 300Sport doesn't cut it, I think I will be trying an AMG C43.

Boney

Post by Boney » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:33 pm

Hi

I get that resale value is a big thing but I do not regret getting my XES as I do attend a lot of shows and when is it parked in between all the german motors it always attracts attention. Ihave always been a fan of going for something a bit unusual and this can be said of the XES as have not seen that many about. Does the fun factor make up for loss of money ?
XES,Celestial Black, 20" propellers,advanced parking pack,cold climate pack, power convenience pack, road technology pack, navigation pack,14 way seats heated, Panoramic Roof, elec sunblind, privacy glass, adaptive headlights and some carbon

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:36 pm

Pipwin1962 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:07 pm
As much as I like the XES and the 300Sport doesn't cut it, I think I will be trying an AMG C43.
Make sure you give it a good test drive first.
Driving and suspension wise reports aren't favourable.
Why don't you consider a nearly new S ?
Very good examples around and someone else has taken the depreciation.
You would get a 380 probably with all the bells and whistles.
Current: XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Domfow

Post by Domfow » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:02 pm

Checked out the used 'S' on Jaguars website, the vast majority of the 2016 cars are ex Jaguar cars 'O' reg's and therefore will possibly be 2 owners from new (Jaguar and another), as the current Jaguar car disposals will be 66,17 and 67 plates. The 2016 cars around your mileage retail between 26-28k, and px on condition and spec anywhere between 22-26. 380's are now retailing around 32k therefore dealers bought in late 20's most of which are Ex Jaguar cars, none private
Jaguar XE Portfolio 163ps manual Bluefire with Oyster leather, extras: xenon, reverse camera, heated screen, upgrade matts, dim mirrors

Pipwin1962

Post by Pipwin1962 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:19 am

Phil B, yes they are a little light on steering feel/response going into corners when in Comfort the equivalent of Normal mode but when leaving and accelerating the grip is great. In Sports and Sports + there is no problem. For long journeys with Mrs Pipwin on board probably best to stay in comfort mode.

Phil B/ Domfow, I was actually looking to change my car for a low mileage XES early next year when it neared three years old, so only doing a bit of up front research. It was then I found out that XES being withdrawn from production so thought I would check current PEx value. I actually in my naievity thought that because of this they might be holding a good price.

Over the last month I seem to be getting ever reducing PEx quotes , it feels like a lack of confidence by the dealers for some reason. Ironically I have had the best PEx quote from the Mercedes dealer. Even to sell a new stock XES the Jaguar dealers would not match it!

So when I'm looking at XES 17 and 67 reg although mileage lower than mine and with 380 engine they dont actually look better than mine. Doesn't give me new car/fresh car feel. With the low PEx value considered and although I love my XES which appears to be depreciating by the minute I feel as though jumping ship before it's too late is the right thing to do. One of the dealers was telling me it had lost another £1k at the end of last week.

I generally drive a hard bargain and have walked away from a few deals in the last couple of weeks and the dealers in question were happy to leave it at that. Perhaps they had their monthly target and they will be chasing me this week. Won't hold my breath.

We will be buying electric in three years anyway, roll on full size scalextric.

Return to “Introductions”