Newbie Questions

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
Craigdm

Newbie Questions

Post by Craigdm » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:57 pm

Just picked up my 180 R Sport and driven it home from Leeds (about 90 miles). Wasn't totally without issues. Only just made it to the fuel station, the car even stuttered a couple of times! Then I got a low tyre pressure warning, then a low exhaust fluid warning! Had me worried for a bit, that's for sure. Bought it from the Infinity Main Dealer, even had the big reveal from under a cover when collecting.
Only other thing I've noticed is a driver's windscreen wiper that seems very 'flappy' at the bottom. Oh and the stop start system doesn't seem to be working!

It's quite sporty, not as fast as the SLK I traded in, but it does have all the toys. Black pack with 19" black wheels, panaramic roof, heated screen, memory seats, even the steering column is power adjusted.

Anywhere I can check the build sheet to see just how many of these features were options?
2016MY XE 180 R-Sport. Lovely in Blue with Black Pack.

Craigdm

Re: Newbie Questions

Post by Craigdm » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:33 pm

Screenshot_20180816_155610.jpg

Chak59

Post by Chak59 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:24 pm

Craigdm wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:57 pm
Just picked up my 180 R Sport and driven it home from Leeds (about 90 miles). Wasn't totally without issues. Only just made it to the fuel station, the car even stuttered a couple of times! Then I got a low tyre pressure warning, then a low exhaust fluid warning! Had me worried for a bit, that's for sure. Bought it from the Infinity Main Dealer, even had the big reveal from under a cover when collecting.
Only other thing I've noticed is a driver's windscreen wiper that seems very 'flappy' at the bottom. Oh and the stop start system doesn't seem to be working!

It's quite sporty, not as fast as the SLK I traded in, but it does have all the toys. Black pack with 19" black wheels, panaramic roof, heated screen, memory seats, even the steering column is power adjusted.

Anywhere I can check the build sheet to see just how many of these features were options?
Not a great impression from a main dealer - what happened to the PDI?
Jaguar XE Portfolio D Auto 180, 2017, Italian Racing Red. 19" black alloys.

Craigdm

Post by Craigdm » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:14 pm

I'll certainly be mentioning it when he rings me up in a couple of days!

dan the man

Post by dan the man » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:23 pm

Regarding the build sheet, if you register with Jaguar's Topix site and enter your vehicles Vin number it will show all the various bits of kit the vehicle has. When I checked mine against the XE brochure I found it difficult to tell if the car had different "packs" fitted or separate options selected. Hope you enjoy the car.
2015 XE 180 R Sport Auto, 19" Venoms, Ammonitite Grey, 14 way memory seats, Black pack, Panoramic roof

Domfow

Post by Domfow » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:16 am

Craigdm wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:14 pm
I'll certainly be mentioning it when he rings me up in a couple of days!
Craig I'm guessing as you bought the car (nice car by the way) from Leeds Infiniti, it is not new? Your story is similar to a friend who bought his XE from a non Jaguar dealership. More XE's are now appearing outside of the Jaguar dealer network. He had a number of issues and the garage he bought it from actually did the right thing, they sent it to the local Jaguar garage who took a week to sort out the issues.
The issues you list:-
Low pressure reading, had the car been stood a while at the dealers and they just have not put air in the tyres and have not checked the TPMS
Adblue - can come on anytime, I have a 2016 MY car and the manual states 1000 miles per litre usage, from MY 2017 that has dropped to 500 miles per litre. Get the garage to fill the adblue tank at their expense, or if you have filled it send them the bill.
A non Jaguar franchise is never going to be able to give a 165 Jaguar point check guarantee, but this should be reflected in the price. At the same time I wouldn't expect a Jaguar dealer to be able to give a full Infiniti used car check.
Each franchise's garage is geared up for that make they sell, they cannot cover all used vehicles makes as cars become more complicated.
Hence you now see many dealers Jaguar included only sell used models of their make. If they do get a trade in from another make, they offer it to the local dealer for that make or another member of their group. I've seen Leeds Infiniti website and can see that as a franchise they do deal in other makes used vehicles which is fairly unusual these days.
Jaguar XE Portfolio 163ps manual Bluefire with Oyster leather, extras: xenon, reverse camera, heated screen, upgrade matts, dim mirrors

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:45 am

In addition to the excellent advice above check in the vehicle menu that the TPMS has been set to "light or normal load" in case someone has switched it to heavy load which throws things out.
The wobbly bottom bit of the wiper is very common and provided it's not making the whole thing judder then it's normal.
MY20 RR Evoque P300 HSE.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:17 pm

If the wbble is on the drivers side lower wiper, give the screen and wiper rubber a good clean with a strong solution of washing up liquid. That will most likely stop that problem.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

Craigdm

Post by Craigdm » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:22 am

Many thanks for all the excellent advice given above. I registered at Topix and got a comprehensive list!
One question though on Topix: What is an Outstanding Campaign? And indeed an Activity Stream.

Outstanding and completed recall work?

Craigdm

Post by Craigdm » Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:25 am

Capture.JPG

Return to “Introductions”