Newbie Questions

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
PhilB

Re: Newbie Questions

Post by PhilB » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:13 am

Craigdm wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:22 am
One question though on Topix: What is an Outstanding Campaign? And indeed an Activity Stream.
Outstanding and completed recall work?
An outstanding campaign is something particular to your car that needs remedial work.
Normally they catch up with these at service time (or they should) so make sure they do the work.
Anything urgent or safety related should be done by the usual recall with a letter to you.

The activity stream is just a list of memos/special service messages (SSM's) etc for all Jaguar cars which is really aimed at dealers but sometimes things come up which mean fixes for particular problems which we can throw at the dealer to get things done.
MY20 RR Evoque P300 HSE.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.

fred

Post by fred » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:30 am

Couldn't find an appropriate thread, and this may be a bit of topic,.. but is Topix the final say as far as what is on the car ? I am switching to a newer XE. It's a used Portfolio, MY18.

The Ad , and the spec sheet sent by the dealer shows Auto high beam assist as part of the spec, but I looked up the car on Topix, and it suggests "less Auto high beam assist". Which one is likely to be accurate ? The same with Tyre pressure monitoring. On the Ad, but not on Topix. I assumed this was standard.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:43 am

fred wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:30 am
Couldn't find an appropriate thread, and this may be a bit of topic,.. but is Topix the final say as far as what is on the car ? I am switching to a newer XE. It's a used Portfolio, MY18.

The Ad , and the spec sheet sent by the dealer shows Auto high beam assist as part of the spec, but I looked up the car on Topix, and it suggests "less Auto high beam assist". Which one is likely to be accurate ? The same with Tyre pressure monitoring. On the Ad, but not on Topix. I assumed this was standard.
Topix can be less than accurate.
Mine says "Less spare wheel" and I have one.
All XE's have tyre pressure monitoring and often dealers don't have a clue what the car really has.
Best thing is to go and look at the car and check the extras actually on it.
MY20 RR Evoque P300 HSE.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:52 am

Take no notice of the spec sheet as mine is supposed to have a tracker. If it has it has never been activated. The dealer says it hasn't. It also has better seating than spec in Topix, with seat cushion extension, which it says is not fitted.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

fred

Post by fred » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:54 am

PhilB wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:43 am
fred wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:30 am

Topix can be less than accurate.
Mine says "Less spare wheel" and I have one.
All XE's have tyre pressure monitoring and often dealers don't have a clue what the car really has.
Best thing is to go and look at the car and check the extras actually on it.
Thanks ! Thats good too know.
.. the car is an ex jaguar fleet car with a lot of options/packs on it. It hasn't arrived at the dealer yet. To make it interesting, I am in London, and buying this car from a dealer at Hull ! The two options are not show stoppers, though I trust the TPMS as I am bad at monitoring tyre pressure. And with my experience of the headlights on an R-Sport, I find the throw quite short on windy back roads the nav keeps taking me down :lol: , High beam assist is definitely useful if it works as advertised

fred

Post by fred » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:59 am

Vespa wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:52 am
Take no notice of the spec sheet as mine is supposed to have a tracker. If it has it has never been activated. The dealer says it hasn't. It also has better seating than spec in Topix, with seat cushion extension, which it says is not fitted.
Thanks.. I wondered what a seat cushion extension is . I thought that was something like the ones on Audi's or BMWs.. the ones that extend to give under thigh support. My R-Sport has a bit that sticks out giving thighs support but not like the extensible ones. I haven't seen this on any XE so far.

Any ideas on what is the difference between the Parking assist with Surround camera, and parking assist with proximity camera ? :?: List of Packs says Advanced Parking Assist Pack with Proximity Camera.
The spec sheet says it has surround camera, but what is a proximity camera ?!

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:05 pm

Proximity is the Beep Beep noise when the camera detects you are too close to something and parking assist is literally that so you don't hit anything. https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... ing+assist
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:06 pm

Forgot to add my seats have adjustment to move the seat cushion forward or back.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:30 pm

The electric extending seat squab thingy comes with the 18-way seats.
MY20 RR Evoque P300 HSE.

fred

Post by fred » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:42 pm

Thanks all.. don’t think the new one is coming with the extending seat cushion. It only has the 10x10 seats. But thankfully with the memory function. Hate having to reset seats ,mirrors and everything after a “hand car wash” on my current one. Even the couple of times I had to take it into Jaguar for service or campaigns, I would get it back with everything out of place and spend time trying to set it all back.

Looking forward to my new car with more goodies 🙂

Return to “Introductions”