XE software

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
Crownwheel

XE software

Post by Crownwheel » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:32 pm

Hi
Joined today and this is my second post....with a question that I hope someone can point me in the right direction.
I have had my beautiful all black XE Sport since May 2016.
I love it and have no problems in its 43 thousand miles so far (all leisure).
Although a UK spec vehicle it is now registerd in France and I am trying to find out about the software version history and what is now available for my vehicle.
I have searched the forum and hear of lots of problems with I phone connectivity, voice control, battery drain etc that may be fixable with updates but none of these seem to effect me. On the basis of "...if it aint broke..dont fix it" I am reluctant to request my local French Jaguar distributor to update the software. But....I would like to know what my vehicle started with and if it has had any updates as part of the 1st and 2nd service. There is no reference to software updates having been carried out in the On Line Service History. (Question - why not if this is a record of work done on the car?)
Can anyone point me where I can find software version history so I can communicate with the local garage from a position of knowledge?
I have a practical concern here too. I have a Jaguar fitted towbar and electrics. It no longer functions coincidentally after its last service. Since there is an accompaning software / firmware change to enable trailer functionality, could it have been accientally "switched off".
Thanks in advance
John

Return to “Introductions”