Jaguar XE Forum banner

Collecting my 1st Jaguar tomorrow

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Sid 
#1 ·
Hi all, picking up my new XE R Sport tomorrow, very excited :D :D :D

#4 ·
sarmes said:
And so you should be 😉 it's a lovely car, enjoy! Your face will hurt by the end of the day from all the smiling 😀
I notice you have a Fuji white XE. What's that white like in the flesh? There was a white one in the dealer when I went for a test drive but it was the metallic one (Yulong?). I like solid colours when properly detailed, but white is quite difficult to get looking wet and glossy. I don't speak from that much experience, have only ever owed one whte car before this one ;)

#5 ·
Tough to describe, I think what makes a colour look good are the lines, some cars just look dull in certain colours because the colour doesn't emphasize the lines, the XEs styling is clever. It does look at its best when washed and in the sun 🙂 One good thing is that where I live has very hard water and white is very forgiving with it unlike black. I had a black mini clubman a few years back which looked lovely when clean but it didn't stay that way for long!

#6 ·
sarmes said:
Tough to describe, I think what makes a colour look good are the lines, some cars just look dull in certain colours because the colour doesn't emphasize the lines, the XEs styling is clever.
So, let me rephrase. Do you like the Fuji White?

I would normally go for a solid red, but as we already have two solid red cars in the household the other half had her say and picked white for this one. I do like white, but remember my one and only other white car being quite difficult to get a "satisfying" look. I can get a great finish on solid red if I put the hours in, but the last white car was hard work in that respect.

#9 ·
hi steve

I have a glacier white XE, I think it looks great with the black pack trim, 19" black alloys, privacy glass and and black panoramic roof.

it has the black and leather seats as well, I was not sure whether wife would like it at first but she really likes the whole colour scheme.

White seems to look cleaner longer than dark colours.

my Indian mate calls it a gangsta car as it looks low and mean. he has the obligatory Audi A4 S-line and is dead jealous of the Jag's interior and exterior.

Hope you really enjoy your new motor

#10 ·
I love the Fuji white, but I am biased. Had no real preference when I went to buy it but it stood out on the lot. As others have said it definitely looks best in the sun. To me the Yulong white looks kinda greyish in the flesh. I have been weighing up other colours for my next one but will probably go for the Fuji white again as it looks so good!

Oh and welcome @steved. How you liking your new wheels?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.