Jaguar XE Forum banner

German XE S - and my first Jag

14K views 26 replies 10 participants last post by  BRC 
#1 ·
Hey everyone.

Yesterday I finally got my XE. And it's just amazing. Coming from a VW Scirocco R I'm impressed by the overall quality of this car.
So the past two days I drove some hours and made some quick pictures an hour ago.

Car Vehicle Plant Grille Tire
Wheel Tire Car Cloud Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Sky Automotive tail & brake light
Wheel Tire Car Cloud Sky

I already got some plans for the XE. ;)
- wrapping the outer mirrors, the roof, the front frame and the fake side air vents in black to match the other black parts (appointment for 19.10.)
- removing the "XE", "S", "Jaguar" letters and the jaguar on the back and just installing a black jaguar
- winter tires on the 19" venom and next year summer tires on the 20" propeller
- remove the additional 12v socket of the smoke package, somehow
- some other small adjustments ;)

I will keep you postet.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Thank you.

BRC said:
Looking good and the best colour - same as mine :). Enjoy and do show us the mods you make.
Yeah I like the white with the black accents. But I got an idea for a full wrap of the white in my head that won't disappear ;)

KevinInSuffolkUK said:
Great looking car - and thanks for taking the time to find a nice background setting for the photos :)
I like this location, it's right next to a restaurant close to my home.

#6 ·
Super looking car - I am sure you will enjoy driving it !

#8 ·
Jag2016 said:
Congratulations !!
Looks very good ...
XE S seems to be very very rare in Germany ..
Looks like. But I'm not too worried about that, I feel fine driving something you don't see regularly, like a Golf ;)
(Grüße nach München)

TonyR said:
Super looking car - I am sure you will enjoy driving it !
Thanks, you bet I do :D Everything about this car feels amazing. Well, expect for the automatic park assist, that's terrible.

UV Blue said:
Really lovely, oh I do like an XE S!
Thank you ;)

#13 ·
Nice ideas ..

colonie said:
Alright, progress is being made:
- roof, mirrors, frame and side air vents will be black next week
Can't wait to provide some pictures ;)
How are you planning to make them black ? vinyl wrapping or plasti dip ?
I have tried to wrap the mirror covers and side skirts but wasn't successful.

colonie said:
- front carbon fibre splitter is ordered
Is it from the Mina gallery, one of the forum members suggested ? If not, could you let me know where you have ordered it from and how much did it cost..

Good luck with the mods !! Can't wait to see some pictures ;)

Grüße aus München

#14 ·
Alright, here we go. (again, just some quick shots with bad lighting and a dirty car)

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

Plant Water Water resources Tree Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

I'm really impressed how different the car looks, glad I did that. :)
Now I need to work out where I can get some used Propeller-Design wheels for the upcoming summer season. When they are on the car the Venoms will get powder-coated.

PhilB said:
I had a thought that I'd seen a white German XE before with very similar mods to yours and managed to find it.

https://www.xeforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2613
Ah yes, I already saw that one. Looks nice too, but I prefer a white line between the doors and the roof. ;)

Jag2016 said:
Nice ideas ...
The roof, grille and exterior mirrors are wrapped. The side vents are painted, because the Jaguar engraving would lift the wrapping. And I did the logo on the boot myself with some Plastidip and their Glossifier, worked out good for the first attempt. ;)
And yeah, it's the splitter from Mina-Gallery. Really looking forward to deal with customs duty :roll:

Attachments

#25 ·
Wheels are looking good and will definitely further enhance the car.

Out of interest how did you "fix" the electronic brake trim? Got to say it looks a very neat job you've done there. Did you remove and then spray?

#26 ·
Can't wait for spring now. ;)

BRC said:
Out of interest how did you "fix" the electronic brake trim? Got to say it looks a very neat job you've done there. Did you remove and then spray?
Removing and painting should be the cleanest way. But to be honest I was very lazy with it. I just ordered the following item and gave it to my local painter. He painted it for a little tip.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/car-styling-P-file-button-electronic-hand-brake-panel-decorative-cover-trim-fit-for-Jaguar-F/32876315488.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.