Newbie with a Question

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
JAYTEE812

Newbie with a Question

Post by JAYTEE812 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:59 pm

Hi all, nice to be here

This is my second time around on the Jaguar treadmill having previously owned a 1999 XJ Sovereign.

I'm on the verge of buying an XE from a main dealership but I have concerns about the pedigree of the car in terms of VIN/Engine Number combo.

I dont wish to publish full numbers on here, but if someone can point me in the direction of a decoder for the engine number that would be a help. The 5th and 6th digits of the engine numebr are '17'. Would this be the year, perhaps??

Many thanks

mdem

Re: Newbie with a Question

Post by mdem » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:42 am

Hi,

If you register on TOPIX, https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/user/legal/form , and then enter the VIN that you have, you will get a lot of details about the car.

Also, if you enter the VIN into the on line service history you will get further information. https://osh.jaguar.com
2017 XE S, Dark Sapphire, Propellor wheels, Adaptive cruise control, Sunroof, Climate front seats, Heated rear seats, ICT Pro, Meridian 825W, Carbon fibre mirror covers and side vents, 40/20/40 rear seats, Perforated Taurus leather sports seats.

JAYTEE812

Post by JAYTEE812 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:04 am

Thx mdem, I should have mentioned that I have been on TOPIx for some years.
The car has somewhat of a “hidden” history in its first 2 years of life so I just need to decode the engine number to answer a few ‘teasing’ questions.

mdem

Post by mdem » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:45 am

If it helps, my engine number has a /1603 in it and the vehicle build date on the B pillar shows as March 2016. So those digits in the engine number fit as being the year and month of manufacture. I think that the build date on the B pillar is only found on vehicles built for Australia.
2017 XE S, Dark Sapphire, Propellor wheels, Adaptive cruise control, Sunroof, Climate front seats, Heated rear seats, ICT Pro, Meridian 825W, Carbon fibre mirror covers and side vents, 40/20/40 rear seats, Perforated Taurus leather sports seats.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:52 pm

If there seems hidden issues I would look elsewhere.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

Return to “Introductions”