Hi - new XE-S owner

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
Robertjp

Hi - new XE-S owner

Post by Robertjp » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:18 pm

Hi All, just joined the forum as I have found it invaluable in preparing to buy my next car. I have just signed on the dotted line and pick up my new XE-S first thing in the morning ... so I’m a little excited!! 😃😃

I had never really understood quite how good Jaguars were until I test drive an f-Pace about 18 months ago. We promptly got hold of an F-Pace and when the time came to replace the trusty Qashqai I just couldn’t go back to anything less ... so are about to have both 🤣

I have also joined because I really want to get hold of some 20” propellers .... but I’m struggling to buy at anything other than extortionate at the moment 😢

clivetay33

Re: Hi - new XE-S owner

Post by clivetay33 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:32 pm

Welcome to the forum. You will love the car. It should not be driven in anything below Dynamic mode, I have found that the economy is very similar the Drive mode. If you have 19 inch wheels give them a try first before changing to 20 inch. I have seen posts where the ride is better on the smaller wheels, however I'm not an expert. BTW I like the black wheels but it is a personal choice. Very good tips on this forum so keep reading :)
Jaguar XE S Indus Silver 380 bhp black pack, cold climate pack 1, 18 way power front seats, memory pack with powerfold mirrors, 19 inch black alloy wheels, panoramic electric sun roof, advanced parking assist pack

Robertjp

Post by Robertjp » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:05 pm

Thanks Clive ...I’m pretty excited to be honest! I’m having her remapped on Friday too which just adds to the fun👍 I will definitely be driving in Dynamic mode but fear if I leave it there when my wife drives she may kill me 🤣😮

Call me a tart but having driven the XE a few times now I think the ride is superb on the 20” ‘s and they look incredible so I don’t mind a little bit less comfort for that look 🤣 having said that I do like black wheels too and toying with 19” or 20” black venoms too 🤔

simpler

Post by simpler » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:40 pm

Very nice. 340 or a 380?
Post some pics.

Robertjp

Post by Robertjp » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:11 pm

Will def post some pics👍

As of Friday 405...but tomorrow...340 😉🙂

Pongo

Post by Pongo » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:24 pm

As a fellow XE-S 340 owner, will be interested to hear about the remap and the difference that makes. Please do post about that.
2016 XE-S 340

Robertjp

Post by Robertjp » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:08 pm

Will certainly post about the remap no problem. I’m having it done in Alcester by me...

Robertjp

Post by Robertjp » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:31 pm

Well I promised I would post about the remap. I have gone from the standard 340bhp to 400bhp and 500nm of torque.

Well, it gone from ‘bloody hell’ to ‘expletives’ on full bore acceleration. The pick up from 3500 rpm is incredible, almost feels like like a lotus 111r with its variable cam. But one hell of a lot faster to start with...

It’s also a license loser, cruising along at silly speeds is something I’m really having to watch. The frightening thing is it will also still pull really hard past very silly speeds ....

But then the graceful side of the XE is just as graceful, just as smooth. All in all I can’t believe quite how much I’m enjoying the car and how attached to it I am already....

Fully recommended if any of you are considering it gents 👍

spritely

Post by spritely » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:29 am

Once bitten, forever smitten. Lol :mrgreen: :D :D :lol:
Corris Grey 180D R sport - loving it.

Pongo

Post by Pongo » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:20 pm

Hi Robert
Any chance you could describe what was done, how long it took, and the approximate cost ? Thanks
2016 XE-S 340

Return to “Introductions”