XF 3.0 Supercharged to XE S?

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
BruceTheQuail

Re: XF 3.0 Supercharged to XE S?

Post by BruceTheQuail » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:32 am

Awesome! Yes the showroom is all done, carpark is challenging but otherwise lovely. Our XE P300 HSE has just come off the ship (been having fun tracking the journey on vesselfinder, fair weather "Morning Lena" on your way to Korea) so I'll be taking delivery from Southport in a week or two.

Middle of winter here - sunny, about 18 celsius, might go for a walk at the beach later lol.
2016 XE 25T R-sport in IRR
Coming - 2020 XE P300 HSE R-dynamic in Firenze
Daily driver - F Type V6 S in IRR with many chav accoutrements

Inpher

Post by Inpher » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:28 am

Mercurio wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:56 pm
Thanks to everyone for the advice. I've driven the 180 diesel and 250 petrol XE back in 2016, so have a good idea of what to expect from the chassis, but had my head turned by the approved used XF V6 Portfolio for less than the price of a new XE.

It is a used V6 S that I'm looking for. My XF has the 340 engine so I'm sure I'd be happy with the same engine in an XE, but a 380 with a good spec would be the icing on the cake.

I haven't been offered a good deal on the 340 I've enquired about, so my search continues. I remember seeing the IRR car with blue leather - did someone really spec that or could it have been an error when the order was placed?
The red/blue one was probably an error somewhere along the line between ordering and production as I doubt someone would spec that combination. I was quite happy to buy it used for a discount though as the car was otherwise exactly what I was looking for. With the tinted glass it's very difficult to see unless you have the doors open, and honestly it's not something that bothers me.

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:58 am

I had dark blue leather in my silver s60R, it looked awesome and was beautiful analine. I wouldnt pick it for a red car, but I'd take it over red seats which always reminds me of something from Carrie.
2016 XE 25T R-sport in IRR
Coming - 2020 XE P300 HSE R-dynamic in Firenze
Daily driver - F Type V6 S in IRR with many chav accoutrements

simpler

Post by simpler » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:00 am

Inpher wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:28 am
Mercurio wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:56 pm
Thanks to everyone for the advice. I remember seeing the IRR car with blue leather - did someone really spec that or could it have been an error when the order was placed?
The red/blue one was probably an error somewhere along the line between ordering and production as I doubt someone would spec that combination.
That car was sold to a member on here after a history check. It was car number 253 and the first XE-S made and we thought they just put any interior they could find in to get it off the line to test it. There is a topic on here somewhere but I can't remember whether I posted or PM'ed the history. Sorry on hols!!

Return to “Introductions”