Greeting from Italy

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
Mikeyjd

Re: Greeting from Italy

Post by Mikeyjd » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:11 pm

Welcome Agatti. My mother is Italian and I have many relatives in Italy. I have visited the county many times. I have driven all over the south and visited places such as Lecce, Bari, Naples, driven the whole Amalfi coast and been to Sorento, Salerno, Paestum, etc. I have also stayed in Milan, Rome, Florence, Turin and the Italian Riviera etc. I love the county. Where do you live?
2018MY R Sport. 25D AWD. Corris Grey - Meridian, Black pack, Parking pack, Folding Rear Seats, plus loads of extras.

agatti

Post by agatti » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:11 pm

Mikeyjd wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:11 pm
Welcome Agatti. My mother is Italian and I have many relatives in Italy. I have visited the county many times. I have driven all over the south and visited places such as Lecce, Bari, Naples, driven the whole Amalfi coast and been to Sorento, Salerno, Paestum, etc. I have also stayed in Milan, Rome, Florence, Turin and the Italian Riviera etc. I love the county. Where do you live?
Hi Mikeyjd, you deserve a special certificate as Italian citizen given the many places you've been to. I live in the Province of Monza-Brianza, which is approx 25 Km north-east Milan. Compared to the city is greener and a bit healthier :-). I was born in Milan and lived there until I decided to move out of the city with my wife.

Mikeyjd

Post by Mikeyjd » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:33 pm

agatti wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:11 pm
Mikeyjd wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:11 pm
Hi Mikeyjd, you deserve a special certificate as Italian citizen given the many places you've been to. I live in the Province of Monza-Brianza, which is approx 25 Km north-east Milan. Compared to the city is greener and a bit healthier :-). I was born in Milan and lived there until I decided to move out of the city with my wife.
Nice. Have you been to see a Formula 1 race, as it is so near to you. I have been to see races in a few countries, but not Italy yet.
2018MY R Sport. 25D AWD. Corris Grey - Meridian, Black pack, Parking pack, Folding Rear Seats, plus loads of extras.

agatti

Post by agatti » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:59 am

Mikeyjd wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:33 pm
Nice. Have you been to see a Formula 1 race, as it is so near to you. I have been to see races in a few countries, but not Italy yet.
You'll love this:

I live at about 15 mins drive from the Monza circuit. My nephew and I are great fans of the Ferrari team and we love sports cars in general. Yes, we have been at many F1 races in Monza, and a few years ago we had been so lucky to be admitted to the pits of the Maserati team during the Italian GT championship: http://www.acisport.it/en/CIGT/home

And last but not least.. I have taken a driving course on the Monza track called "dynamic driving", which basically the sum of safe driving (ice, rain, etc) and a speed driving. The "speedy" part of it included driving on a portion the famous parabolic curve. It was necessary to drive at a minimum speed of approx 130 Km/h to make sure you don't fall towards the center of the parabolic...

When the circuit is not busy with track days or races, you can walk and run all around it, including walking (if you can !!) on the parabolic curve. My wife and I go there to do jogging during some of the weekends.