which options??

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
The_Bull

which options??

Post by The_Bull » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:19 pm

hi all
I've been considering moving over to an XE after 8 years of owning Skoda Octavia vrs' but before I do I wanted to get a bit of insider info

so I'm looking at 66/17 plate XE r sport 250ps? so I guess really my question is what options are the ones to look out for like if you had to pick some what could you not do without.

Rob Wright

Re: which options??

Post by Rob Wright » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:09 pm

Welcome, for me it would be Incontrol Touch Pro info module with at least the 380w Meridian system. Front and rear heated screens and good seats. Thats my base spec now.
Corris Grey 25D AWD R-Sport '67 plate currently. Caesium Blue 30T AWD Portfolio '17 plate shortly.

Prestige

Post by Prestige » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:31 pm

Parking camera,folding mirrors,xenons,folding rear seats,spare wheel.......my essentials.

AndyS

Post by AndyS » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:55 pm

Panoramic roof if you can
MY 17 XE S 340 Yulong White, Pan roof, 18 way seats, heated wheel, power folding mirrors, powered boot, split folding seats

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:19 pm

Prestige wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:31 pm
Parking camera,folding mirrors,xenons,folding rear seats,spare wheel.......my essentials.
These, and the 380w Touch Pro.

Lots of the others are very nice... but those I'd be stuffed without :)
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

BruceTheQuail

Post by BruceTheQuail » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:35 pm

Sunroof is nice for aesthetics but looks ridiculous open so it isnt functional as such. That said, my wife (who never even opens the inner screen) wanted it in the second XE. Agree the upspec stereo is very good. Ours came with keyless entry, folding mirrors, auto boot so I would now miss them if we didnt have them. The electric seats with driver memory I would count as as essential these days. Agree parking camera essential and the split fold rear seats.

I dont think that adaptive dynamics is necessary, the ride and handling on those cars on 19's is pretty much perfect. For a sportier look, the black pack helps.
2020 XE P300 HSE R-dynamic in Firenze lotsa goodies incl RWD!
Daily driver - F Type V6 S in IRR with many chav accoutrements, pulley and tune
Gone but still loved - 2016 XE 25T R-sport in IRR

mdem

Post by mdem » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:52 pm

Certainly the In Control Touch Pro so as you can have Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. Memory seats if you will be sharing the driving and heated seats.
MY2017 XE S, Dark Sapphire, Propellor wheels, Adaptive cruise control, Sunroof, Climate front seats, Heated rear seats, ICT Pro, Meridian 825W, Carbon fibre mirror covers and side vents, 40/20/40 rear seats, Perforated Taurus leather sports seats.

The_Bull

Post by The_Bull » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:23 am

what are the advantages of touch pro over the standard system other than a bigger screen and better sound? can you not have meridian option without touch pro?
if I think the audio system isn't that great how easy is it to change speakers add amps subs etc - if I remember correctly the older jags such as the X type used optical cables.

I think the options I'm definitely looking at are:
parking camera / front rear sensors
front/rear heated screen
split rear seats
19'' Alloys - 20''s look nice too
black headliner
nice to have:
Pan roof
black pack

will the boot accept a full sized spare? ( so I can buy a spare alloy)
how easy are these cars to work on, e.g. are the filters easily accessible to do a service

mdem

Post by mdem » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:47 am

Most Touch Pro systems will be able to be upgraded to use Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The non Pro systems can not be.

Mine has everything on your list so I think your choice is good.

As for upgrading electronics, from what I have read on this forum it is very difficult and prohibitively expensive. You’re best to get what you want rather that try to retrofit later.
MY2017 XE S, Dark Sapphire, Propellor wheels, Adaptive cruise control, Sunroof, Climate front seats, Heated rear seats, ICT Pro, Meridian 825W, Carbon fibre mirror covers and side vents, 40/20/40 rear seats, Perforated Taurus leather sports seats.

Prestige

Post by Prestige » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:01 am

Your list is pretty good. Do really consider the merits of xenon's.....they are a really big improvement on the feeble halogens if you need to see where you are going when its dark !

Return to “Introductions”