This is how Incontrol Remote App works for me when car is left for couple of days

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
notofdisdimension

This is how Incontrol Remote App works for me when car is left for couple of days

Post by notofdisdimension » Sun May 24, 2020 8:17 pm

Hey Guys ,

I am new to this forum so pardon me if I m posting which has already been posted .

I have observed when you leave your car for couple of days (not talking about vehicle wakeup timer ) and try to do Beep and flash or lock/unlock from in control remote app ,car refuses to do so and you ended up getting an error in app , an error as occurred with remote lock/unlock or Beep and flash .

Solution : Fire up remote engine start and wait for 60 to 80 seconds and let it run for 1 or 2 mins and then perform lock/unlock or beep and flash ,it looks like remote climate wakes up the car and then all remote function starts working .

Whole point is to make In control remote app work without visiting to vehicle and it has worked for me so cant guarantee it gonna work for you but hey what wrong in trying ?

NB : I am aware how remote app works and there is a box in car which communicate to app via sim and so on ...
Thanks ,

IIRXES

Re: This is how Incontrol Remote App works for me when car is left for couple of days

Post by IIRXES » Sun May 24, 2020 9:05 pm

It's because the car after a set time put all unessasary modules to sleep to conserve battery power. By starting the car either remotely or from the car this wakes the systems back up again.