Hello!

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
newjagguy

Hello!

Post by newjagguy » Thu May 28, 2020 4:01 pm

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all keeping well with everything going on,

I'm currently looking to buy either a XE or an XF after things go back to normal - either would be a used 180bhp r-sport trim, likely 2017 if XE or late 2016 if XF and wondered if people on here had any advice or warnings, I feel like the XF is basically an XE with a bigger boot and I'm worried the XE boot would be hard to live with?

Thanks in advance!

Gojira

Re: Hello!

Post by Gojira » Thu May 28, 2020 4:10 pm

The XE boot isn't the roomiest, but I was able to take SWMBO and her sister to Ireland for a week without any problems.

If you are concerned about space, you definitely need the split-fold rear seats, which really ought to be standard, but aren't!
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

newjagguy

Post by newjagguy » Thu May 28, 2020 4:16 pm

I did see that wasn't a standard feature! And I'm not seeing many around where its been added interestingly, I currently have a hatchback and I know going to a saloon would reduce space but its tough to know your requirements for the time I'll have the car! I feel like the XE will feel more sporty

RoJo

Post by RoJo » Thu May 28, 2020 4:29 pm

I find the boot perfectly acceptable for long trips with a family of 3. I'm able to get a large suitcase, 3 cabin cases and a variety of other bags in at once. Try one on for size, you're unlikely to regret it!
Currently a Caesium Blue 30T Portfolio :D
Previously a Corris grey 25D R-sport.

MPAVictoria

Post by MPAVictoria » Thu May 28, 2020 4:33 pm

Hello and welcome! I love my XE but I must say that the back seat and trunk are absolutely tiny. Maybe I spoiled by my previous vehicles but if I had to haul things regularly I am not sure if I would be happy with the car TBH. Luckily the problem doesn't come up much for me.
2018 Jaguar XE 2.5T AWD Prestige
2012 Volvo S80 3.2
2009 Pontiac G8

Gojira

Post by Gojira » Thu May 28, 2020 4:33 pm

I know what you mean - I came from an Insignia to the XE, and there is less space, but it is so much more fun to drive :D

If there are any other gadgets you need, make sure you get them, as it does seem to be very difficult to add almost anything later.

I'd agree with Rob on the capacity - thats pretty much what we took to Ireland :)
A pre-facelift Portfolio 300, in Caesium Blue. With more toys than you can shake a stick at! :lol:

RoJo

Post by RoJo » Thu May 28, 2020 4:42 pm

The secret is in travelling light. Something I've yet to be able to convince my wife to do!

I'd agree with that man with impeccable taste in cars above ^^^ Make sure you know what options are available, and what you want.
Currently a Caesium Blue 30T Portfolio :D
Previously a Corris grey 25D R-sport.

newjagguy

Post by newjagguy » Thu May 28, 2020 4:44 pm

Thats good to hear that the XE is fine for going away with, I rarely have passengers in the back so as long as its relatively comfortable in the back I'm happy,
I also prefer the interior on the XE and might be able to get more toys with the XE like Gojira says,

I just don't know if I would even up thinking "if I had the XF I wouldn't be struggling", though when it comes to parking I imagine it would be the other way around!

How has the XE been for everyone, anything major to be wary of? (I've browsed the mech issues pages - but not sure if that's just looking for issues)

JasperTheJag

Post by JasperTheJag » Thu May 28, 2020 4:53 pm

I find the XE deceptively roomy. It looks small in the back, but the seats sit quite far back so there's a couple more inches than you might expect. I've never had any issues with room in the car. You can just about fit a 55" tv through the back doors, and you can fit a 2.4m long joist through the ski hatch no issues.

FYI, look for a model with a reg starting OV. They're ex Jag Management cars and usually come with a few boxes ticked as standard. I picked up a 17 plate R Sport 180d with the Meridian sound system, 18 way seats, memory pack, upgraded 19 alloys, folding rear seats and a few more gizmos for 17k off list price, 13 months old with 10k on the clock.
'17 180D R Sport, Firenze Red.

newjagguy

Post by newjagguy » Thu May 28, 2020 5:31 pm

Thats really handy thanks Jasper!! I'll keep my eyes peeled, can't wait to get test driving to make my mind up, so pleased they are offering heated windscreens on other brands, its quite useful on my current car