Interval servicing

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
Vespa

Re: Interval servicing

Post by Vespa » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:22 am

That is correct and indeed the XE manual says the same.
180 diesel XE R Sport auto, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me

Faltwen

Post by Faltwen » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:42 am

Vespa wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:05 am
If these oils are so good and VW's are supposed to be so good, why does VW state that cars used for short journeys should have annual service inc oil and filter change. Their oil spec was 5003 and JLR is 5007 both are very high quality synthetics. Personally for approx £1 per week I prefer an interim oil change. There are quite a few oils now that meet JLR spec at reasonable prices. Long gone is the £1 a gallon of GTX or Duckhams Q days. :lol:
you ought to have a browse on the facebook XE page sometime. The number of owners who will only use a jaguar dealer who uses "jaguar oil" is unbelievable. They are usually the ones that never check the levels and stick to the 2 year service gap, not realising the benefits of an interim oil change.
2016 Jaguar XE Prestige 20T in Bluefire.
Parking pack fitted but not used.
S/S still working on original battery!n
Did have two X Types, a 2.5L then a 2.2L Auto with the dreaded DPF. No more DPF's for me.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:30 am

Sadly, I don't do Facebook or Twitter as I find them non entity platforms. That's just me though.
180 diesel XE R Sport auto, with many extras :D and working stop/start :lol: Made to work Feb 2019 by me