New to forum

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
leslie2461

New to forum

Post by leslie2461 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:23 pm

Hi, Never really been a big fan of forums, prefer to make my own mind up about my cars and realise that we all have differing opinions of what's good, what's bad, what's great. Had my xe sport for 11mths now and I now know what's great.
Ok not much room in the back or the boot but I tend to drive from the front so not a big deal. Had a Mitsubishi Outlander Hybrid for 3 years so took some time getting used to not moving furniture around for family or running family and friends to the airport with their luggage. What's your opinion on the XE Sport? It's a 2019 model.

Mikeyjd

Re: New to forum

Post by Mikeyjd » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:47 pm

Welcome. I have an R Sport. 240bhp all wheel drive. It is 3 years old now. I love how the car looks and love how it drives. We don't have kids and very rarely take other people anywhere, so the size of rear seat and boot isn't an issue at all. Anyway we have a 4x4 as well so we can use that if we need to carry lots of stuff.

The car always attracts admiring looks and comments from strangers. It is also great when I park at work as it is the only Jag, but there are loads of BMW, Mercs, Audi etc.
2018MY R Sport. 25D AWD. Corris Grey - Meridian, Black pack, Parking pack, Folding Rear Seats, plus loads of extras.

Jeff123

Post by Jeff123 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:15 pm

Have a look at a MY20 R Dynamic S. They are not much more expensive that the pre-facelift cars and have many improvements, looks being one of them. The diesels are cheapest and there are cars to be had from £22k on the Jaguar website.
XE R-Dynamic 180d Eiger Grey MY20

JAGDH

Post by JAGDH » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:16 pm

Similarly to you I don’t care about the back seat space as I’ll never be there. We don’t have kids yet so never need to transport more than 2 suitcases either.

Weird sometimes that (due to me not having folding seats) you can get bigger items into the Fiat 500 :lol:

The other car I considered at the time was a Porsche Panamera (I know they are marmite, but I really like them) but didn’t want to spend that much / go for an older one.

Much prefer the Jag over my previous 3 series and 1 series
XE 2L Diesel [180] R-Sport (2015/65 Plate/MY16)

phil-c

Post by phil-c » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:19 pm

Hmm yes the rear seat boot space issue. My step daughter does nothing but main about it she’s 17. Bought a gas bbq last month couldn’t get it home in mine had to get the other half’s Clio. Haven’t heard the end of it.
BUT as I said it’s my car it’s what I wanted when I’m back on the road working hitting 5 to 600 miles a week I’m in comfort and enjoying it. Might be cruel but have said if we go away on holiday you don’t have to come 😎
XE 2L Diesel [180] Portfolio

147daytona

Post by 147daytona » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:28 pm

I'm pleased with the boot in my XE, it's big enough for the suitcases when we go on holiday but too small for our junk boxes, which means I have to take the other halves Q3 when I need to do a run to the dump. Keeps mine nice and clean :lol:
MY20 Carpathian Grey 300 R-Dynamic HSE AWD + loads of extras!
Previous, MY17 Italian Racing Red 240 R-Sport