New XE Owner

New to the Jaguar XE Forums? Introduce yourself here
colbod

New XE Owner

Post by colbod » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:44 pm

Hi all,

New XE owner here, picked up my 67 plate XE -R-Sport yesterday. Absolutely loving every minute of driving the thing, it's such a great car to drive.

I got it in the caesium blue which looks stunning. The car showroom I got it from installed the black pack and even did the wheels in black too and painted the brake calipers in caesium blue , gives it a real good look!

I've noticed the sat nav is out of date by a few years, I've downloaded their app and inserted SD card in to pc but it says no updates available, surely this can't be right??? I don't mind paying for a new update as a one off. How can you tell what the latest version is?

Also, the InControl won't detect my Note 8 phone when I plug it into my car via USB, anyone else had this issue? It just stays on the "connect phone via USB cable"

Cheers

Col

Ian0304

Re: New XE Owner

Post by Ian0304 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:22 am

Welcome 👍🏻 you can check the map version through your sat nav settings. If you have the older infotainment system like me, and the map version is from your year of manufacture (2017?) there’s definitely an update available. Lots of info on the site about the latest version. I had similar problems trying to update the sat nav maps and it was a problem with the software on the SD card and covered under warranty. It was rectified by the guys that create Jaguar maps which is an independent company called NNG software in Hungary if I remember rightly. Apparently a faulty bunch of cards were manufactured around 2017. On to your dealership for this one. Patience was required in abundance as my dealership had my card for 6 weeks until they updated the software!
XE R-Sport 25D AWD, grey, 14 way memory seats/folding mirrors, advanced park, meridian, black pack, privacy, split/folding rear seats.

Phorever

Post by Phorever » Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:22 am

Hi col and welcome. Have you tried a different usb cable to connect your phone? My xe is very particular about what cables I use, only liking certain ones.
MY19 R-Sport i4 petrol 200ps in santorini black.
-black pack
-winter pack
-split/fold rear seat
-dvd player

colbod

Post by colbod » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:00 pm

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm going to my local dealership as soon as I get my V5 in the post to get the previous owner removed from the InControl, I'll mention the sat nav then, I'm guessing there is a charge to have this updated if it is a problem with the software on the card??

I'll try another cable with my phone in the car, the charging connection is a bit dodgy actually so it may need a bit more persistence!!

colbod

Post by colbod » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:04 pm

Pic of sat nav version :)

Ian0304

Post by Ian0304 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:32 pm

I can’t see the pic but I’m thinking you have the older system like me with the buttons down either side? The newer version is all touchscreen. Yes they should update the software and then ask you to update the maps from home as the dealership supposedly don’t make any money from the updates so choose not to do it. The updates are also linked to your personal account with the card. I think it’s still £97 to update. As they took 6 weeks to resolve my case I had a little moan so Jaguar paid for it as goodwill 👍🏻
XE R-Sport 25D AWD, grey, 14 way memory seats/folding mirrors, advanced park, meridian, black pack, privacy, split/folding rear seats.

colbod

Post by colbod » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:32 pm

Thanks for the info Ian, yeah it's the one with the buttons down both sides.

renehoss

Post by renehoss » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:47 pm

Is version 28.4 the latest map update? Is it correct that there haven't been any updates anymore since the end of 2019?
Is it known if or when there will be any new maps availble?
Thank you.

Ian0304

Post by Ian0304 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:22 pm

Yes 28.4.10727 October 2019 and I don’t think there have been any further updates as they don’t want to invest money updating the maps on this infotainment system as it’s been phased out and replaced with the 10” touchscreen...with suggestions this will also be replaced on the next revised model as it’s inferior in comparison to other so called premium brands.

renehoss

Post by renehoss » Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:28 am

Thank you for the information.
Incredible that there is no more support after only 4 years for this model...
Disappointed if there will be no more map updates.