Jaguar XE Forum banner

Thank You

5K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  First Jag-g-g 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone

I just wanted to say thank you to the forum for help you probably don't know you've given.

I've been back and forth to this forum over the last week to try get answers to questions I had about the car i was looking at and a lot of them have been answered. which was vital since test drives are still off due to COVID.

Your help has enabled me to take the big leap and buy my first XE which arrives in 2 days (hence actually joining the forum).

I'm moving from a 1 Litre petrol Renault Captur to a 180D R-Dynamic SE, so quite a big jump in pretty much all aspects of car.

I'm sure i'll have questions as i get used to my new car, but i'll search for answers first before asking.

cheers

#8 ·
Yay. Today is the day.

Had a small last minute bump in the road, finding out it fell under the 'luxury' road tax bracket as it's a AWD, not RWD (and has some extras on it). but since I've only ever driven FWD cars before, this has probably worked out better for me ( I managed to get the dealer to throw in some extras to soften the blow)

However, with it being a 'pre reg' it's only got 70 miles on the clock - so knowing it's a car listed above £40k and i never paid anything like that, actually makes me feel like i got a deal! :D

I'll post pictures later.

#10 ·
Jeff123 said:
Depends upon how OCD you are, but if I was buying new I would consider the protective acrylic pieces at the back of the sill. Mine was pretty stone-chipped after c10k miles.
I'm pretty OCD :lol: Not sure what these would be though. Do you have a link at all?

#12 ·
blue_Phil said:
Jeff123 said:
Depends upon how OCD you are, but if I was buying new I would consider the protective acrylic pieces at the back of the sill. Mine was pretty stone-chipped after c10k miles.
I'm pretty OCD :lol: Not sure what these would be though. Do you have a link at all?
Welcome to the forum. Car looks great.

Re what Jeff mentioned, due to the design, the XE does suffer a road rash problem on the lower panels immediately in front of the rear wheels. It's a really good idea to clear wrap them to prevent any damage to the paintwork. While you're at it, do the kick plates either side too which will stop any scratching. Have a look through this link https://www.xeforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=9402&sid=d6896d318eac82c1694430c8ec4b2850 for more info

#13 ·
blue_Phil said:
Had a night drive in it. Parked up to see this light. Didn't know this was part of the opening light set up. Nice touch
I have those on mine and you are correct, they are a nice touch, but I find they don't illuminate any puddles that may be outside the door when you get out, unlike the ones under the door that did. Guess how I know about that 😲🤬

#14 ·
My car has just notched up 5000 miles since new this time last year. While washing the car last weekend, I noticed the first signs of the dreaded road rash at the rear of the sills. Luckily at the moment, its barely noticeable unless you kneel down and take a good close look. I am now waiting for delivery of some precut PPF from Aliath so that I can get some protection on there ASAP. Not sure what the quality of the Aliath film is like or how durable it will be, but at least it will suffice until I can get some good PPF fitted professionally at some time in the near future.This is the link of the film that I have ordered: https://www.aliath.co.uk/collections/jaguar/products/jaguar-xe-sport-2015-side-sill-skirt-trim-rear-clear-shield

#16 ·
147daytona,

I have the last of the old style XE with my MY19 R-Sport. I was surprised it did not have the logo puddle lights like its then Land Rover same MY19 counterparts at the JLR dealership. After searching the other Exterior Mirror Puddle Light threads in the forum and not finding anything, I pose this question to you or anyone else who might know:

Is there an OEM retrofit kit from JLR or could I order an OEM JLR MY20 Replacement Part that is an exact fit for my MY19 R-Sport?

Money is not an issue but rather fitment and OEM performance is a filter for my go/no-go decision similar to the OEM (vs EBay) "R" badge I had installed on my front grille after JLR dropped it from their MY19 R-Sport trim design.

#17 ·
If you are talking about the lights in the underside of the mirror as in blue-Phils post earlier, I think these are a direct replacement for the existing mirror lights.

I did replace the lights in the underside of the door on my previous 240 with some logo projector ones from eBay which were very good and a direct swap for the OEM ones, and were also more useful than the ones in the mirrors.

ps, the R badge never was an option on the R-Sport, only the S badge for that model.

#18 ·
Thanks for the mirror light direct replacement feedback.

Thanks also for the PS ... in checking back on the XE grill badging photos, lol, only "S" from JLR. The pics I now remember from when I was looking at (before adding the front "R" badge on my XE) are all after-the-fact owner installs by folks who felt/said "something was missing." Me too :)

#19 ·
Thanks Jeff123 and DABroke. i think i will look into that. After a little drive over the weekend, it's now still not done 200 miles, so i have a good chance to get ahead of that issue - and it's not one i'd have known about.

So far i'm absolutely chuffed with the car, quite packed with extras and lovely to drive. However, i've not dared put it in sport yet, but will try that soon enough.

One thing i don't get though, is even though it has the climate pack (heated steering wheel and windscreen) there are not heated seats? i certainly cant see the button on the lower screen that the guide says should be there - so i guess i don't have them? Or are climate seats something different?

#20 ·
@blue_Phil

Heated seats are standard on MY21 XE in the UK. Then there are climate seats. Climate seats are heated and ventilated, and they are optional at extra cost.

It is worth noting that heated seats were cost extras in the UK on the MY20 XE, but my understanding is that yours is MY21.

#21 ·
Stephen said:
@blue_Phil

Heated seats are standard on MY21 XE in the UK. Then there are climate seats. Climate seats are heated and ventilated, and they are optional at extra cost.

It is worth noting that heated seats were cost extras in the UK on the MY20 XE, but my understanding is that yours is MY21.
Thanks Stephen. while it is 'new' mine is a MY20 (70 plate). It was spec'd by the dealer. So my paperwork says Cold climate pack and Technology pack -which gives me the touch duo pro. On that lower screen the guide says there should be a seat's icon (6), but there isn't. So i guess that means i don't have them?

Attachments

#22 ·
The iGuide covers every option, whether fitted to your car or not. The best way to know whether your XE has the heated seats is to consult its specific Build Sheet. Speak to the dealer who specced the car as they should be able to furnish you with a copy.

#23 ·
As far as I know the "Cold Climate Pack" includes everything you would want for a cold climate. Heated seats, Heated windscreen & Heated steering wheel. If you have the cold climate pack you must have heated seats.

Regards John

edit. After speaking to a friend it looks like (for your model year) the Cold Climate Pack consisted of a heated windscreen, heated steering wheel and headlight powerwash. Heated seats were an option so if not selected you may not have them. You would of thought if you selected cold climate pack it automatically added the heated seats.

#24 ·
Milfordman said:
As far as I know the "Cold Climate Pack" includes everything you would want for a cold climate. Heated seats, Heated windscreen & Heated steering wheel. If you have the cold climate pack you must have heated seats.

Regards John

edit. After speaking to a friend it looks like (for your model year) the Cold Climate Pack consisted of a heated windscreen, heated steering wheel and headlight powerwash. Heated seats were an option so if not selected you may not have them. You would of thought if you selected cold climate pack it automatically added the heated seats.
Thanks John, I appreciated you checking that. My dealer has now confirmed that too. So i don't have heated seats, but i have the other three things. Strange one, but certainly not the end of the world.

#25 ·
Yes, when you get the climate seat option package all four seats are heated and the front two are cooled as well. With my Ebony leather/dark interior, cooled seats in the summer is a must and this feature works well! Too bad for the bottom of anyone sitting in the back on a hot humid summer day, lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.