Jaguar XE Forum banner

Newcomer... with a question about ghost ignition

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  PeterW 
#1 ·
I had a an X-Type for many years and have recently dobbed that in (as it was on it's last legs unfortunately!) and have recently bought a 2016 XE Prestige. Fantastic vehicle but it has an aftermarket security accessory - ghost ignition; i.e. in adddition to brake pedal/start button ignition, you also need to execute a code sequence using the flappy paddles.

Whilst I am very happy that this feature exists on thge car, I would like to be able to change the sequence to something I have set myself, rather than have the previous owner and any garage mechanics that may have worked on the car prior to my ownership 'in the know' as to the startup code sequence. The internet is pretty vague on this and, before I go and lay out good money at a Jaguar Dealership, I wondered if any of the members here had come across this feature and could steer me in the right direction.

I will also place this thread in the technical section, so apologies for any duplication of message! Good to be aboard and look forward to hearing from anyone who can asssist! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.