H081 Safety Recall XE Ingenium 2.0L Petrol

All Jaguar XE related discussions
PhilB

Re: Safety Recall HO81

Post by PhilB » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:38 pm

Couple of merged threads on it here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6147
Current: XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Bazzamf

Post by Bazzamf » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:42 pm

I have today received a letter from Jaguar for this recall and have booked the car in for 1 May to be done, along with its first service.
Bazzamf - XE 200 Ingenium Portfolio in Santorini Black

Prestige

Post by Prestige » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:51 pm

Booked mine in for the 24th at Stratstone. No mention of any charged for a courtesy car,was just asked if an F Pace was OK. Surprisingly it was.

PhilB

Re: H081 Safety Recall XE Ingenium 2.0L Petrol

Post by PhilB » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:58 pm

Topic merged with the original two.
Current: XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Bazzamf

Post by Bazzamf » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:00 pm

Prestige wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:51 pm
Booked mine in for the 24th at Stratstone. No mention of any charged for a courtesy car,was just asked if an F Pace was OK. Surprisingly it was.
I was offered a courtesy car by Lookers, but have to pay £10 to use the dealer's insurance if my insurance does not cover for fully comp when driving other cars. I'm pretty sure it's only third party, so it looks like I will be shelling out. The service is free though so not a problem.
Bazzamf - XE 200 Ingenium Portfolio in Santorini Black

Lainyxe

Post by Lainyxe » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:06 pm

Yes I received a letter today also , so I've booked the car into stratstones in Cardiff not very helpful at tall . They booked me in for the 30th April ,they told me they wouldn't have a courtesy car until end of May, I thought something like this recall would take priority over minor issues such as services, especially dealing with fuel I carry my grandkids in the car the last thing I won't is a leaking fuel pipe.....

ColinR

Post by ColinR » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:16 am

Got my recall yesterday so will book in today. Again not been aware of any fuel odours so hopefully it's a formality.

Sniper3615

Post by Sniper3615 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:25 am

Hi Everyone, this is my first post. I have just booked my car in with the Dealer as I received the letter for this recall yesterday. They are going to look at some other issues I have at the same time, and give the car its first service, all on 21st May. They advised it will be around 2 - 3 days in total, (mainly due to them needing the car overnight to look at the start/stop not working), I will update everyone once I get the car back.

Nearly had the car 11 months now and already on my second safety recall, its great they are looking at potential issues, but honestly does not inspire me with great confidence.
Jaguar XE R-Sport 2.0 i4 Ingenium 25t MY18, Caesium Blue, Ebony/Blue Taurus Sports Leather, ICT Pro 380 with Digital Instrument Cluster, Active Safety Pack, Cold Climate Pack, Adaptive Lighting Pack, Parking Pack, Configurable Dynamics

INDIGOGAZZA

Post by INDIGOGAZZA » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:37 pm

Just had my petrol fuel rail modified today. Dealer also charged the battery (stop start not worked since late September last year), agreed to replace my two diamond cut rear alloys, both gone 'milky' due to water ingress under the laquer, full valet and even added some free fuel. All in all very pleased with the service!

wecpcs

Re: UNDER HOOD PETROL FUEL LEAK

Post by wecpcs » Wed May 02, 2018 5:47 pm

wecpcs wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:39 pm
wecpcs wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:55 pm
XE HK wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:46 am
Sorry, I have no intention to cause any unnecessary panic to anyone. I just thought it would be nice to inform those who are currently driving a 2018 XE 2.0 might have such issue. It wouldn't hurt to make a call the dealer or check the TOPIx to confirm.
Thanks for the info as I just checked mine on Topix and there it was, as an outstanding item. Now booked in with my dealer to rectify after they found it on the Jaguar WASPS system, as they said they do not use the Topix system any more.

Colin
Mine is booked in for the recall on Tuesday 10th and I just got the letter yesterday Friday 6th. When I booked it on the 20th March, I think I was the first they had heard about, until they checked it on their WASPS system. Luckily because of this forum and thanks to member XE HK I was able to get it booked in as early as possible, for what could have been a dangerous situation.

Colin
When I took mine in they apologised that they (Barratts of Ashford) did not have the part in stock due to a backlog at Jaguar). They said that this should have been checked the day before, but as I had to travel 30+miles each way, they give me the option of a loan car and would fill up my tank with petrol as compensation. When I took it back in I decided not to have the loan car and they took my wife and I to the nearby 'Designer Outlet Centre'. They collected us from there with our car which they had come via Tesco's with a full tank of petrol (was about half full before) and took us back to the dealership for the paperwork etc. Excellent service.

Colin
XE Prestige 2.0 Ingenium Auto, Fuji White, Light Oyster Grained Leather Seats & Trim, Adv. Parking Assist, Auto Dimming Power Fold mirrors with Approach Light & Space saver spare wheel.

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”