All Jaguar XE related discussions
ChrisGB

Re: Finding a rare spec.

Post by ChrisGB » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:34 pm

bensales wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:15 pm
ChrisGB wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:10 pm
Looking at the XF, how does it compare to the XE dynamically?
I’ve only driven a 180 diesel XE as a courtesy car but I was surprised how similar it felt to my XF-S. The XF is bigger obviously but it drives a lot ‘smaller’ than it is, if that makes sense. It’s an agile car for its size. The supercharged petrol XF-S is marginally slower in the 0-60 sprint but only by .2 secs. The diesel XF-S is a lot slower.

The XF is interesting. I've only driven an earlier generation one and it's handling was absolutely brilliant for it's size.

The XE is leaning towards being big for me, so going larger still is not ideal for me, but the right car could sway me.

Diesel is definitely out. If I where going oil burning, it would be 335d which is the most impressive diesel I've ever driven.
S 380, ICT Pro, resale grey. Fun and comfy!

Pongo

Post by Pongo » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:45 pm

Regarding history, mine was advertised by the dealer as "previously privately owned" which I took to mean if has never been lease, rental or whatever. I assumed (in my head anyway) that it meant one owner.

When the V5 arrived it said 2 previous owners. I queried this with the dealer and, after allegedly trying to trace the history by taking to supplying dealers, they were still unable to give me anything credible.

The car seemed fine - so I just let the issue go. I was planning to keep for 4 years anyway by which time it will be a sub £10k car where such provenance is less important than condition and history.

If I do change it sooner by px'ing at a Jag dealer I'll be mighty unimpressed if this is a value affecting issue !

Bottom line, always insist on seeing the previous V5 before signing on the dotted line. Oh, and consider any reference to previous 'private ownership' to be bull$hit unless physical documentary evidence exists to corroborate...
2016 XE-S 340

G7DCW

Post by G7DCW » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:00 pm

I suppose 2 dealers could mean ex-demo car and one private owner.
Petrol 240 Portfolio, Dark Sapphire.

Richardofyorks

Post by Richardofyorks » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:34 pm

Any intrepid salesman on here from Jaguar dealers, or does anyone know where the following needle in the Jaguar haystack can be found?😁 I’m after a v high spec XE R Sport; it must be in grey or black ideally with black leather, must be AWD, engine is less important but I’d prefer either 180d/25d And it MUST have ALL of the following options:
Black pack
Upgraded wheels
Advanced parking pack+surround cameras
Cold climate pack
Power convenience pack (keyless/elec boot)
Climate seats/heated rear seats
HUD
Pro nav pack or
Meridian 380 at least ideally 825 with
Digital instruments/interactive display
Dual view screen
Configurable dynamics
Configurable mood lighting
Illuminated tread plates
Elec memory seats/folding mirrors
Pano roof
Any other options gratefully received!
I’ve given myself 6 months to find this car. Is that long enough do you think guys? 😀
Budget is £20-25k
Any sightings, I’d love to know!
Thanks

G7DCW

Post by G7DCW » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:14 pm

Gosh - it;s funny how different we all are! Richardofyorks' requirements are very complex, and remarkably unlike what I want. I'd say he has little or no chance of finding such a spec, especially at the price. I've been looking for a much simpler spec for more than six months, and have had very little success; just one of my requirements (almost the only option that does happen to be on the above list) is almost unobtainable, namely Head-Up Display. Very few XEs are fitted with that, and I've concluded that either I have to order a new build, or probably give up on the idea. I might also mention that an XE with all the above features would have been very, very expensive new, and to some extent that will be reflected in the second-hand price.

At this moment I'm very tempted by an ex-demo 300 Sport AWD on an 18 plate, at pushing £10K more than specified above.

Best of luck R of Y!!
Petrol 240 Portfolio, Dark Sapphire.

Richardofyorks

Post by Richardofyorks » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:30 pm

The car I was after is still on the Approved Jag website as they haven’t delivered it yet 180d AWD R Sport in Corris grey with black leather OW17CNE CNE, check it out. With finance contribution it is £22k with 2 yrs warranty. I specced it up on the configurator and (as of now) its a shade under £51k!

Richardofyorks

Post by Richardofyorks » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:57 pm

I’m just about to give back a contract hire XF Portfolio 2.0 180d, with climate seats, Meridian, Pro nav/digital instruments, configurable dynamics. I wasn’t so sure to begin with having come from Mercs and BMWs with superior quality of interior fittings but it grew on me and I can honestly say I’m going to miss it. I’ve only ever said that about one car before. I would have got an XE if in those days it had been available with digital instruments (some love the cowled dials I know, horses for courses eh?) and now is the time!

simpler

Post by simpler » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:16 pm

Richardofyorks wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:30 pm
The car I was after is still on the Approved Jag website as they haven’t delivered it yet 180d AWD R Sport in Corris grey with black leather OW17CNE CNE, check it out. With finance contribution it is £22k with 2 yrs warranty. I specced it up on the configurator and (as of now) its a shade under £51k!
Ah..... that is VIN number SAJAA4AN1JCP21433 so three words for you. "Paragon Fleet Solutions".

That was a magazine test car, you may consider it "well worn" or "well looked after", your decision on that one. I think that be reflected in the price?

For example - https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/104000/ki ... a-pictures - plus probably more.

Richardofyorks

Post by Richardofyorks » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:54 pm

Well spotted!
I think one of the adverts I saw said “ex Jaguar management” but I can’t be sure, but obviously it’s an ex press demo car. I suppose it stands to reason that the highest spec cars are more likely to have been press/road test cars (the What Car one was even higher spec) as Jag will be trying to impress or showcase its talents or both. Anyway if it’s a problem it’s someone else’s problem as I missed out on this one. Thanks for the ‘heads up’!

simpler

Post by simpler » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:25 pm

Any Jaguar reg starting "O" stands a good chance of being Jaguar Fleet Solutions team. Mainly OE, OV, OW and OY recently.

Paragon Fleet Solutions - Jaguar use Paragon to distribute their cars to the corporate sector. This could be either the traditional company car, a leasing company, car hire company like Hertz, the dealers manager, magazine cars, track cars, or even showroom vehicles. Paragon then repurchase the cars for a price based on mileage and condition at a specified time typically 9 months to 2 years old. Jaguar seem to purchase the best for the approved used scheme and the rest go off for auction and end up outside of Jaguar francise.

Here are 5 rental F-Types for example that AVIS car rental had doing the NC500 https://www.ftypeforums.co.uk/viewtopic ... ilit=Nc500 - all the plates start "O". It's not just XE models. Even the Project 8's run on "O" plates!

There is also a de-fleet management company at Bruntingthorpe proving ground and COPART salvage that deal with cars that have been used abroad.

I wouldn't be put off by a car with an O reg. With any second hand car purchase check the V5C for previous owner. It will more than likely be a named private person as it has been lease or PCP supplied vehicle from a lease company. Cheap full spec cars stand out. You obviously ask yourself why is this one so cheap?

If in doubt use Google images to search for the reg in double quotes such as "MY19 REG" (with quotes and correct spacing) and anything tagged in pictures with that reg should come back on the first couple of pages. With Google there of course lots of other search options such as 'site:autocar.co.uk' etc to delve deeper.

Good luck in your search.
S

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”