All Jaguar XE related discussions
spritely

Re: Another Stratstone Closed

Post by spritely » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:01 pm

BOBCDP wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:42 pm
spritely wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:51 am
I hope Stratstone Cardiff is not next - could be my only dealer left, and they are 90 miles from me anyway - yikes. :shock:
Mark
No need to be concerned. Sinclair have taken over the dealership so you don’t have to come all the way to Cardiff 😊😊
Thanks Bob - will at least save me some miles.
Mark
Corris Grey 180D R sport - loving it.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:54 am

Right opposite my dealer is a Lookers new empty ex Vauxhall unit with all the gear and enough parking that would compliment the Jaguar showroom right opposite. That would then have MG, Jaguar and Volvo on each others doorsteps and the opportunity for a Landrover dealership would be a good idea to attract customers.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

Domfow

Post by Domfow » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:26 pm

Stratstone is the premium car division of the Pendragon Group. The Car Store used division seriously under performed in the last year and adversely affected the groups results. The senior Pendragon management have been reviewing the group's portfolio of businesses and dealers and were they have found poor returns they are selling off or closing down. Inchcape is also going through such an exercise and have recently sold a number of dealers to other groups. The new car market is falling and the used car market is starting to stall, with no decision on the 'B' word, RDE2 (Real Driving Emissions) tests coming into use in September 2019 meaning old stock needs to be shifted and customers, both private and fleet holding off replacing vehicles, tough trading conditions are starting to affect the motor retail industry.
Jaguar XE Portfolio 163ps manual Bluefire with Oyster leather, extras: xenon, reverse camera, heated screen, upgrade matts, dim mirrors

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:43 pm

All thanks to VW
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

Domfow

Post by Domfow » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:00 pm

Vespa wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:43 pm
All thanks to VW
Not really all the legislation to replace the old emissions test was already in place by the EU before the VW scandal broke in America. It just means that any new car sold after September 1st must have a valid RDE2 certificate, and that applies to all types of power plant testing. Look out this month for old engine non RDE2 certificate models been pre-registered to get them off forecourts. Many manufacturers built up stock levels pre original Brexit date back in March, but that never happened and lots of that stock is still around and some built with non compliant RDE2 engines. RDE = Real Driving Emissions not as some believe Real Diesel Emissions, it applies to all vehicle power types.
Jaguar XE Portfolio 163ps manual Bluefire with Oyster leather, extras: xenon, reverse camera, heated screen, upgrade matts, dim mirrors

fraser

Post by fraser » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:33 pm

I've had very good service from Crewe Jaguar, part of the Swansway group who also have VW and Audi dealerships in Crewe.

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”