Jaguar XE Forum banner

Delivery Dates

113K views 878 replies 70 participants last post by  Todwhite73 
#1 ·
I have just ordered a new MY21 Jaguar XE Black edition today based on my build.
Anyone have any idea the length of time it is now taking to get it delivered with all the hassle over the microchips now?

#52 ·
Is the factory still meant to be starting up mid-august still. Surely if there's been a fair few orders then dates are likely to move back ?

I've got to get my E-Pace serviced soon, I was hoping I'd have changed cars beforehand, downside of the high mileage :(

#56 ·
Yup seems so

My current contract expires in December abs I ordered earlier than I normally would as I knew there would be a wait. So hopefully it'll be ready without me having to extend the current contract.

However the wait is agonising!!!!!!

#57 ·
Same boat as you. Mine was due last week. Current cars contract is up at the end of august. Date at the moment is 1st week of September but keep getting told it will come forward after the shutdown. When they reopen they are supposed to be doing the sold units first. Believe it when I see it.

#60 ·
😒

Not great I'd been given 29th October as delivery date ordered about a month ago now .

Really do hope they get a shift on when the factory resumes production, still miffed they dropped the P250 too 😡

#61 ·
This a snippet from an email I've been sent recently;

3) Additional Cross-Carline Supply Shortages - NEW
We are currently experiencing supply issues of Head-up Display (039IB) that is affecting a number of our carlines. Please note this feature is also part of the Technology Pack (074KY), Vision Assist Pack (041CB) and the Vision Assist Pro Pack (017GP) on some nameplates.
To ensure we can continue to build orders to our production plan, the feature will no longer be available to order as an option and will be removed from the Vista ordering system until further notice.
We are also aware of an issue with the Interactive Driver Display (038ID) feature on all models and we are currently working closely with Manufacturing and Product Engineering to understand the impact on the current order bank. As soon as we have additional information on this we will send out a further communication

We will have to wait for an update from JLR regarding how to proceed with the customer orders already in the holding pool, they may say to ask the customer if they would like to remove the option and add the individual options from the technology pack minus the heads up display or wait for the constraint to be lifted which could be with the new 22MY XE (nothing has been released yet)

I've told them I'd rather wait & get the HUD

Does anyone know what the changes are for the MY22 model ?

#62 ·
IvorB1H said:
This a snippet from an email I've been sent recently;

3) Additional Cross-Carline Supply Shortages - NEW
We are currently experiencing supply issues of Head-up Display (039IB) that is affecting a number of our carlines. Please note this feature is also part of the Technology Pack (074KY), Vision Assist Pack (041CB) and the Vision Assist Pro Pack (017GP) on some nameplates.
To ensure we can continue to build orders to our production plan, the feature will no longer be available to order as an option and will be removed from the Vista ordering system until further notice.
We are also aware of an issue with the Interactive Driver Display (038ID) feature on all models and we are currently working closely with Manufacturing and Product Engineering to understand the impact on the current order bank. As soon as we have additional information on this we will send out a further communication

We will have to wait for an update from JLR regarding how to proceed with the customer orders already in the holding pool, they may say to ask the customer if they would like to remove the option and add the individual options from the technology pack minus the heads up display or wait for the constraint to be lifted which could be with the new 22MY XE (nothing has been released yet)

I've told them I'd rather wait & get the HUD
Totally agree with you Ivor. Thanks for sharing since my sister-in-law (based on how she likes my first Jag-g-g) is thinking of ordering a fully loaded new E-Pace in a week or two. I don't know what the cut-off date is for MY21 vs MY22 ordering here in the US but if all the cool technology features like the HUD are temporarily not available, I would similarly recommend she wait for the MY22 and get the HUD et al.

#63 ·
First Jag-g-g said:
Thanks for sharing since my sister-in-law (based on how she likes my first Jag-g-g) is thinking of ordering a fully loaded new E-Pace in a week or two.
Currently own an E-Pace she might want to check the boot / trunk capacity before committing as it's a bit small :)

#64 ·
IvorB1H said:
Does anyone know what the changes are for the MY22 model ?
Thanks for posting the HUD and drivers display info. It really does seem to be a bit of a mess.

I'm thinking the XE changes for MY22 are minimal. In my discussions with JLR Customer Services about my P250 order they said the removal of the P250 engines was a new model year change. They were removed in the July price list and I can't see any equipment changes when compared with the previous price list.

I might be adding 2+2 to equal 5, but I'm working on the basis there won't be any changes apart from the removal of the P250.

#66 ·
When the P250 option was removed a few months ago there was some hope that it would be temporary. However, with JLR Customer Services saying that it is a MY22 change, I can't see it ever being reinstated.
I am bemused by this action by JLR - I can't be the only person that will be put off getting another XE completely if I can't get a petrol engine.

#67 ·
@chrisjp, +1. Thankfully, I bought when I bought as I wouldn't consider a diesel and I'm not interested in the P300 AWD.

#69 ·
I feel so lucky that I ordered mine in February and got it in on schedule April despite getting a warning letter from Jaguar that it was likely to be late. I wouldn't have bought it if I couldn't get the P250. The HUD is definitely worth waiting for.

#70 ·
The sensible man in my head said I should get the diesel from the start due to mileage but I wanted a petrol before they became extinct ! So sucked up the change to the diesel.

I'll not have the car without the HUD though as it was the first option I ticked :)

#71 ·
Keith, you were lucky I ordered my D200 in February for April delivery and by June they I had a may be promise for August. Ended up buying an ex demo D200 which it is really nice even without the HUD. Glad I did not wait for my original order when I read all the issues now going on. I have to admit when they said August they did not say which year!!!!

#72 ·
#75 ·
RoJo said:
On the other hand, the configurator still shows the XF P250 RWD available?
Which is why I'm pessimistically assuming that it's not anything to do with the non-availability of the P250 engine but is instead a JLR commercial decision as part of an XE phase-out.
I hope I'm wrong!