Jaguar XE Forum banner

Delivery Dates

113K views 878 replies 70 participants last post by  Todwhite73 
#1 ·
I have just ordered a new MY21 Jaguar XE Black edition today based on my build.
Anyone have any idea the length of time it is now taking to get it delivered with all the hassle over the microchips now?

#2 ·
12 weeks on average according to Leaseplan but wouldn't be surprised if it stretched to 16 weeks or more given the recent shutdown

#3 ·
I've been told July or August by my dealer, but they will know more when it's progressed a little further in the ordering system. My new order should have gone into the system on Friday.

It does seem like all manufacturers are suffering from supply chain issues, so I'm currently thinking September delivery :oops:

#4 ·
I signed the order for my new XE (R-Dynamic HSE P250 + factory options) on 2nd November last year & it was delivered to the dealer on 12th March this year, so that was just over 18 weeks, when I ordered I was originally told February but there were delays. I have no idea if the current chip issues worldwide will cause problems.

#8 ·
Cabby said:
I've been told July or August by my dealer, but they will know more when it's progressed a little further in the ordering system. My new order should have gone into the system on Friday.

It does seem like all manufacturers are suffering from supply chain issues, so I'm currently thinking September delivery :oops:
Just been advised by my dealer that the ordering system is saying delivery will be end of September. It seems the supply chain issues are really biting. :cry:

#9 ·
I'd like to say I'm surprised, but pretty much anything technological appears to be almost as rare as rocking horse droppings at the monent! :eek:

Very best of luck to everyone that is waiting, though...

#10 ·
I ordered my XE p250 R-Dynamic Black edition with lots of add-ons back on on 24th April. Initially given a build date of 18th June and delivery 7th July ..which has now changed to a build in August and delivery in September .. I really wish Jaguar would email updates direct to their customers and also offer a small 'thank you' gift for staying with the brand ... this will be my 1st Jaguar (having been a Merc and BMW driver for 20+ years) .. excited about the XE, but disappointed that delivery will be delayed. :cry:

#11 ·
davpea said:
I ordered my XE p250 R-Dynamic Black edition with lots of add-ons back on on 24th April. Initially given a build date of 18th June and delivery 7th July ..which has now changed to a build in August and delivery in September .. I really wish Jaguar would email updates direct to their customers and also offer a small 'thank you' gift for staying with the brand ... this will be my 1st Jaguar (having been a Merc and BMW driver for 20+ years) .. excited about the XE, but disappointed that delivery will be delayed. :cry:
I think most (all?) car manufacturers are experiencing delays, but there's no excuse for not keeping your customers updated.

I went to buy some jeans last week, but most of the more popular stores had low stock and no idea when they would be getting more.

#12 ·
I order an XE on the 30th of April, and I was given an estimate of mid-end July. I called yesterday as I haven't received any updates and they said it's looking more to be completed on the 13th of August and be delivered by end of that month.

Looking at the struggles of all the supply chains around the world I think it's reasonable, and I ordered in advance because I knew this could happen, but as it's mentioned above, there is no excuse to not keep the customers updated...

Really looking forward to get my first Jag!

#13 ·
Update from the dealer has mine being brought forward now to beginning of august. Ordered 5th May so would be around 13 weeks. Could change either way still though but fingers crossed only for the better. Was showing end of august last week!

Anyone else had any updates?

#19 ·
As the supply chains recover and start to meet shipment dates again, Jag will be able to also get building cars again.

At work, we ordered a Mercedes as a pool car, this was January. We were given end of April as delivery date, it's just been delayed again (3rd time) to the end of July.

It's not just Jag, it's not just cars either. Has anyone else on here tried to get hold of a kids bike lately :shock:

#24 ·
I called my dealer last week to check that, as I wanted to go out of the country for a few weeks, and they said my date hasn't changed from mid August (I ordered it by the end of April). To be honest, I think it's more likely to be end of August.

#25 ·
Just ordered XE r-dynamic HSE last Friday 18.06.21 currently have an E-Pace that's due to go back in December so should have plenty of time I was quoted end of September to mid October at point of sale. I'll post again when I get any confirmation from the dealer.

#26 ·
I ordered a brand new / factory build XE P250 R-Dynamic Black in black with most of the extras you can buy from the options list on 24th April, initially given build date of 18th June, which then moved to August and is now 10th September ... my dealer is telling me they expect to deliver the car at end of September, but I'm worried they are hiding the truth and the delivery is more likely to be in November / December ... I asked if JLR would provide a car that does not meet the specification I ordered (so no satnav or digital cockpit, like other brands) and told they will not. I've decided it will be worth the wait ... I would expect prices to go up and finance deals to have a higher APR from July, so its just a waiting game :-( I'm reading that people ordering Land Rover's may have to wait upto 12 months - crazy.