Jaguar XE Forum banner

Slow puncture.

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Chas379 
#1 ·
Had the tyre pressure warning light for rear offside tyre yesterday, down by 1.0 bar. Did a visual inspection as best I could but did not see anything untoward. Reinflated to correct pressure, left overnight and again down to 1.0 bar.

Since owing the car from new, 22 months ago, have not had reason to take wheels off car and as such was expecting a problem, i.e. alloy being stubborn to loosen off once wheel nuts removed.

Wheel nuts easy to manage using my socket set purchased from Halfords in 1971👍 After which the wheel pulled straight off.

Space saver fitted OK.

Now off to local tyre place to get a check up but will go in the Tuk Tuk

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
lexie said:
Was going to suggest ACC tyres at strettington, but Tuk tuk along the A27 hmmm 😯.
A27 OK as it is dual carriageway so don't hold up traffic. I have been as far as Emsworth from Arundel annd also Worthing in the other direction withiut hassle. Went to Arun Tyres in Litlehampton, it was a puncture in the cedntre of the Tread (nail or screw) they repaired whist I waited £24. Good service, attended to straight away as they had got over the mornung rush.

#5 ·
When I have had the tyre warning which resulted in the tyre being inflated by 0.1 > 0.2 bar the dash alert cleared immediately.

This time round because the tyre was removed from the rim the alert did not clear until I drove the car for about a minute, then it reset .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.