Jaguar XE Forum banner

ICT PRO update

2K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  Rob2005 
#1 ·
I got in the car today and it flashed up there was an update for ICT Pro - car connected to phone for hotspot so I set it downloading.

About 225 mb later at traffic lights in neutral it flashes up with the install or remind later screen.

I hit install. Carried on driving and the unit did a reboot.

It came back on then flashed up the same update was available again. I set it going but it was clear it was doing the download again. Got home and turned off car to try again another day.

So my question - is that normal? Did hitting install and then driving stop it working?
Thanks

#4 ·
Hmmm...you've had problems getting JLR to update your ICTP SOTA. Is it doing incremental updates? S21A is the latest version from memory.

#5 ·
The fact it picked the update up I thought meant the SOTA had perhaps fixed itself (it had never offered an update before)

S21A sounds familiar without going and checking the car

I've only had the car a month and this is first time I've been promoted to update

#6 ·
Well it sounds like the logjam has partially been unblocked. Interested to see what version comes up after a good nights sleep!

#8 ·
I had issues initially a year or so ago, but a good tech at a service centre switched on something remotely and it's been updating fine since.

You can drive around updating if you wish but if you lose signal that might cause errors. I check for updates and if one appears I just go through the process with engine idling on my drive.

#10 ·
It's definitely not happy.

Am on S18C and the update is S21A. Selected install, waited for it to download 207mb

I'm then showed as installing - looking good I thought.....then after about 10-15 mins just went back to the original screen where I could click check for updates again. Only to be offered the same update.

So it seems to be downloading the update but not then installing it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.