Battery conditioner fitment

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Chrome

Re: Battery conditioner fitment

Post by Chrome » Fri May 06, 2016 5:50 pm

Very nice and a really worthwhile addition, thanks for the info and piccy's.
Prestige 200PS petrol, Dark Sapphire, 18" Black Wheels, Privacy Glass, Lighting Pack, Parking Pack, Powerfold Mirrors, Split rear seat, Meridian audio.

colin6377

Post by colin6377 » Fri May 06, 2016 6:26 pm

Chrome wrote:Very nice and a really worthwhile addition, thanks for the info and piccy's.

BTW The connectors which I also took pictures of which I have been unable to upload show the LIVE direct to battery but EARTH connected to a spare convenient earth point in the wheelwell towards the rear of the car which can be found above the main earth cable attatchment to the boot floor. Hope this is of some help for anyone cons
idering a similar set-up. GOT IT NOW ! !

IMG_1391.JPG

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Fri May 06, 2016 6:51 pm

Thank you for the information and photos, Colin. Most useful :).

ajxkr

Post by ajxkr » Fri May 06, 2016 7:49 pm

Yes,thanks for the pics.
I have been attaching the CTEK spring croc clips ,live to battery and earth to one of the bolts in the spare wheel area similar to you but getting
weird results. On one earth position it says battery at least 80% charged from the off but on another it shows less than this,e.g.,the 4th light is not illuminated.If it was just a poorer earth,surely none of the lights would show up.If I connect direct to battery earth terminal it shows less than 80% as well.Seems to take a long time for the charger to show fully charged.
I had this charger for my last Jag and plugged it in every time I put the car away using the same connectors as you and it would only take about 30 mins to bring it back to full charge.
I will introduce my permanent CTEK connectors like you .
EX...1. XE S. IRR. Rejected after one day as expired on my drive.
2. XE S. Bluefire,fully loaded. Sold after 4 months due to quality issues.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sat May 07, 2016 1:49 pm

These are really neat gadgets but very expensive for what is just a battery charger that has to be plugged to the mains. I use a Halfords managed charger that I bought a few years ago for I think £29 which does the same although very large in comparison to the CTek item This is the latest version .......... http://www.halfords.com/motoring/bulbs- ... ry-charger £39 This also manages the charge level. It is not as convenient as the CTek but works in a similar manner. So if you don't mind a bit of messing it is a good alternative.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

colin6377

Post by colin6377 » Wed May 11, 2016 7:18 pm

Vespa wrote:These are really neat gadgets but very expensive for what is just a battery charger that has to be plugged to the mains. I use a Halfords managed charger that I bought a few years ago for I think £29 which does the same although very large in comparison to the CTek item This is the latest version .......... http://www.halfords.com/motoring/bulbs- ... ry-charger £39 This also manages the charge level. It is not as convenient as the CTek but works in a similar manner. So if you don't mind a bit of messing it is a good alternative.

Purely from a personal point of view , You gets what you pay for and with the more than adequate range of accessories available from CTEK I am sure that the needs of most users can be met ! ! On the surface quite costly , but a lot cheaper than the Jaguar equivilant which would appear to be a rebranded CTEK ! ! To sum up , I have a trusted item from one of the leaders on this technology which does its job perfectly . :D :D

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Thu May 12, 2016 10:28 am

As long as you are happy that's all that matters.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

colin6377

Post by colin6377 » Thu May 12, 2016 12:36 pm

Vespa wrote:As long as you are happy that's all that matters.

:D :D :D

LesW

Post by LesW » Sat May 21, 2016 5:14 pm

Just fitted my ctek connector. Waiting for the charger to arrive.
Put it in the plastic as this would be a cheap item to replace when I sell the car rather than making a hole in the lining as shown in others as I don't want to leave it in the car.
Absolute pig to get the cables through.

IMG_20160521_170952.jpg

XE R-Sport (11 March) Polaris White, Meridian, Space saver,19 Venom, Keyless, 14 way memory, Folding seat, Black, Panoramic, Parking and Cold Pack
XE R-Sport 180 (replaced nearly everything) XF Face lift XF pre face lift X type face lift X type estate

colin6377

Post by colin6377 » Sun May 22, 2016 5:28 pm

B16LWW wrote:Just fitted my ctek connector. Waiting for the charger to arrive.
Put it in the plastic as this would be a cheap item to replace when I sell the car rather than making a hole in the lining as shown in others as I don't want to leave it in the car.
Absolute pig to get the cables through.

Hadnt really thought about that , but when I did my install I did have the foresight (probably unconciously) to not completely remove the cut-out but leave it attatched as a flap so that in the unlikely event of my changing my wheels I will simply fold back into place , secure from behind and leave with no indication it was ever there! ;) :D :D

Forgot to to add , yes it is a bit of a faf to route the cables but well worth the effort for a nice clean OM install ! !

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”