Battery conditioner fitment

All Jaguar XE related discussions
LesW

Re: Battery conditioner fitment

Post by LesW » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:13 am

Be interested to know what the software does. Any help mine is the same
XE R-Sport (11 March) Polaris White, Meridian, Space saver,19 Venom, Keyless, 14 way memory, Folding seat, Black, Panoramic, Parking and Cold Pack
XE R-Sport 180 (replaced nearly everything) XF Face lift XF pre face lift X type face lift X type estate

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:32 pm

It's all caused by the green brigade wanting greener cars and the technology really isn't up to it. I have just come back from Scotland and the systems shut down on occasions. I am thinking of having a windmill or two fitted to the roof to generate electricity. I am also considering one of those solar trikle chargers at about £30, that plug into the socket in the centre console.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

G7DCW

Post by G7DCW » Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:52 am

I have an 2005MY MG TF135 which spends long periods unused in the garage - it did 703 miles between the last two MOTs. This car's battery tends to go down unexpectedly, so I have a Halfords 188946B battery maintainer inside the front bonnet wired permantently to the battery terminals. If the car is unlikely to be used for a period, I lift the bonnet and plug the charger into the mains. I did so just before typing this, having not used the car for the best part of a week. The battery voltage was 12.2v. I won't disconnect until I next use the car. It certainly does the job - the battery is the original one, now about 12 years old. This car is obviously much less electrically complex than an XE, of course.

Incidentally, I use a very nice little voltmeter which plugs directly into the car's "cigar lighter". It was bought from Ebay for peanuts.
Petrol 240 Portfolio, Dark Sapphire.

BAIKAR

Post by BAIKAR » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:09 pm

So I've been using the ctek battery sense app and Bluetooth unit for a while now and it's starting to show some interesting results.

Before I started I left the ctek charger connected and charged the battery to 100%. The car sat unused on my driveway for a few days before the charge started to drop. I took the car to Goodwood over the weekend and recorded a drive of 100 miles and 130 miles on the way home. It sat all day Sunday and this morning I had a short drive of 7 miles. The battery showed 75% after parking this morning and is now showing 65%.

Now I'm no battery expert but a weekend drive of 237 miles that reduces the battery to 65% does not sound right to me.

image.png

LesW

Post by LesW » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:14 pm

I also have the battery monitor and not convinced that its telling the right info. Left home this morning at 94% after a 20mile journey to work 95%. Car parked all morning just been out to check now reading 98%
XE R-Sport (11 March) Polaris White, Meridian, Space saver,19 Venom, Keyless, 14 way memory, Folding seat, Black, Panoramic, Parking and Cold Pack
XE R-Sport 180 (replaced nearly everything) XF Face lift XF pre face lift X type face lift X type estate

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:28 pm

Warming of the ambient temp will increase the battery's capablity and that small increase you have noticed would possible be because of this.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

BAIKAR

Post by BAIKAR » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:34 pm

I also think there was something in the ctek instructions that say capacity is only accurate after the battery has had a 30 min period to stabilise.

LesW

Post by LesW » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:48 pm

Anyway ctek are writing updated software. Thats what they have told me. Dont know when yet

JDN1E

Post by JDN1E » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:14 pm

I’ve recently bought the Jaguar branded CTEK battery conditioner for my XE, but there are no fitting instructions/graphics for my car, although the box included fitting instructions for XK, XJ and XF.

The rh internal boot trim needs to be removed to locate the new wiring loom and to fit a 12v socket on a metal backing plate. Has anyone attempted this?
Ingenium petrol XE 20t Portfolio, Indus silver, 18 way seats with memory, powerfold mirrors, meridian pro nav 380w system, configurable dynamic pack, auto.

capese21

Post by capese21 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:57 pm

I have the Ctek comfort connecter in my XE. I connected it to the positive terminal and upstream of the negative terminal ie to the metal of the vehicle & not direct to the battery so as not to confuse the vehicle battery monitor.

I decided not to make a hole in any panel as it looks a mess at trade so are obliged to leave it fitted and buy another one!!

I have allowed it to just sit at the side of the boot floor which looks neat enough imho. A bit of hook velcro secures it.

Works well and I plug into it every few weeks or so. I have never had a issue with the S/S. :D

Battery Ctek.jpg

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”