Battery conditioner fitment

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Vespa

Re: Battery conditioner fitment

Post by Vespa » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:39 pm

capese21 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:57 pm
I have the Ctek comfort connecter in my XE. I connected it to the positive terminal and upstream of the negative terminal ie to the metal of the vehicle & not direct to the battery so as not to confuse the vehicle battery monitor.

I decided not to make a hole in any panel as it looks a mess at trade so are obliged to leave it fitted and buy another one!!

I have allowed it to just sit at the side of the boot floor which looks neat enough imho. A bit of hook velcro secures it.

Works well and I plug into it every few weeks or so. I have never had a issue with the S/S. :D
Did you have any problem with the nuts going on the +ve terminal as I bought some (I think 6mm not sure without looking) I just couldn't get the nut on at all. Maybe I got the wron size but it fit perfectly over a stud in the boot floor for a new -ve terminal I made from a piece of metal so the clip grip was easier to attach. Any chance of a photo of the other connections?
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

capese21

Post by capese21 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:25 pm

This is how mine are connected!! :D

battery 2.jpg

battery 1.jpg

XE Indus Silver 2.0L Ford engine Heated front screen Reverse camera Blind spot warning.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:11 pm

Thank you so much for that . I must admit I was getting a bit fed up with the clips and this is a great alternative. I assume these are the £20+ leads and not the shorter leads on the other available CTek leads I did get a powerpoint lead then found that the centre console point is dead after around 3 mins of engine shutdown. Thanks for your help with this method of plugging it in.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:00 pm

I have sussed out all the connection points and have, I think, found the ideal place for the socket end. I have ordered the lead today. It will just make connection that bit easier plus it will show the charge state at a glance.

martind511

Post by martind511 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:15 pm

Vespa wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:00 pm
I have sussed out all the connection points and have, I think, found the ideal place for the socket end. I have ordered the lead today. It will just make connection that bit easier plus it will show the charge state at a glance.
I just got my cable and will be attempting to fit this weekend if the weather isn't too horrible - just need to work out how to route the cable under the trim so that I can install the socket where the 12V boot socket would go.
MY 2019 Jaguar XE Landmark 25T - Santorini Black, Sunroof, 10 way electric seats, folding mirrors and split fold seats.
MY 2018 Jaguar XF Portfolio 20D Auto - Narvik Black, Tan interior, ventilated front seats, heated steering wheel (company car)

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:25 pm

I think that It may be easy to push a hard piece of wire (old coathanger type) carefully through the opening and then attach a piece of string to the end, pulling it back up to the opening. Connet the comfort port wires to that and gently pull them down into the boot space. That is one idea. The actual panel may be aesily unclipped though I haven't looked at that yet as I was considering going to the opposite side near the small hard plastic pocket. I will let you know when I see how bulky the small plastic part fixed to the red wire is.

HoratioAlgerIII

Post by HoratioAlgerIII » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:46 pm

Watching this with keen interest as I've just ordered the CTek Comfort / Battery capacity monitor cable for install in the luggage compartment, hopefully tomorrow.
2016 XE-S, Italian Racing Red. Faster'n a speedin' bullet. :o

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:07 pm

I have just this minute had a look at the black plastic part in the trim and tried to get my hand behind it. There was little room for manouvere and it seemed that it was solid behind it continuous with the rest of the trim. The whole trim panel is one piece on each side and looks a sod to remove. I think I may be going to plan A with velcro on the passenger side somewhere in the recess.. It needs more looking at once I have the part.

147daytona

Post by 147daytona » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:37 am

I have mine fitted above the extra power socket in the boot.

20190110_083013-1140x1520.jpg

MY17 240 R-Sport, IRR, Black Pack, Park Pack, Cold Climate Pack, 19" Twin 5 Spokes, Jet/Red Interior, 10 Way + Lumbar, Split Rear Seat, ICT Pro, Illuminated Tread Plates, Configurable Mood Lighting, Alloy Paddles & Pedals, Homelink, Spare Wheel.

martind511

Post by martind511 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:07 am

147daytona wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:37 am
I have mine fitted above the extra power socket in the boot.

20190110_083013-1140x1520.jpg
Yes yours was the reason I bought the comfort connector as I liked the neat installation - I would be grateful details as to how you routed the cable? I going to look at Vespa's suggestion at poking a coathanger (albeit I would use a cable rod) to shove the cables under the boot trim - I haven't had a chance to poke about yet and the workshop manual isn't terribly helpful.
MY 2019 Jaguar XE Landmark 25T - Santorini Black, Sunroof, 10 way electric seats, folding mirrors and split fold seats.
MY 2018 Jaguar XF Portfolio 20D Auto - Narvik Black, Tan interior, ventilated front seats, heated steering wheel (company car)

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”