Battery conditioner fitment

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Vespa

Re: Battery conditioner fitment

Post by Vespa » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:42 am

When in the dealers yesterday the sales staff were starting up lots of the sale stock of cars. I wonder if this is the quickest and best way to keep the batteries in good condition.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

capese21

Post by capese21 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:56 pm

A rough calculation says it takes around 12 minutes running to put back the power of a 3 second start. Depends on how long they run the engines for imho. A better way would be to put a Ctek on them as they do to the cars in the showroom where I bought my XE.
XE Indus Silver 2.0L Ford engine Heated front screen Reverse camera Blind spot warning.

Nevyn

Post by Nevyn » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:32 am

Here's another fitment, this time using the std. M6 eylet lead provided with the CTEK charger.

There's a small 'cut out' in the boot trim to clear the wheel chocs. I found the CTEK socket sits in this gap without falling through and didn't foul the boot floor when in place (I have the spare wheel option). To use I just prop the floor up with something handy.

Chassis and battery connections are as per capese21's post on page 6 of this thread. The chassis bolt even has a spare nut already fitted, possibly for the official Jag CTEK kit?

The battery clamp nut is M6, but the bolt has been peened over to stop the nut falling off, so you can't just stick a second M6 nut on the end. The other bolt with the large built in washer is M8, so I just opened up a slot in the end of the eyelet with some sidecutters and pushed it on. I also extended the positive lead a few inches with a couple of crimps as I wanted more slack in the wire.

_20190219_064442.JPG

2016 180d Portfolio Auto. Ammonite Grey + Light Oyster. 19" Star 5 Twin-Spokes + lots of toys...
http://www.xeforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2888

BRC

Post by BRC » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:00 am

For those that might be interested, Lidl have in stock their smart charger. I've used these for years and trust me they work. My wife occasionally brings home dead batteries used on electric fencing and often conventional chargers refuse to revive them. Lidl's chargers have frequently come up trumps and this year alone have succeeded twice where the stable charger(s) have failed.
Additionally I have one connected to my other car 24/7 week in week out and when called upon the battery is always in tip top condition.

Anyway for what it's worth: https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/MiddleofLidl. ... leId=20252
XE Portfolio as a daily driver and Z4 because I still can!

Nevyn

Post by Nevyn » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:29 am

Good price!

Good to know some positive real experience too. I often look at the kit in Aldi/Lidl and wonder if it's worth it.
2016 180d Portfolio Auto. Ammonite Grey + Light Oyster. 19" Star 5 Twin-Spokes + lots of toys...
http://www.xeforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2888

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:32 am

Nevyn, if you haven't got a Dremel tool in your toolbox and want one, wait for the Lidl version with attachments made by Parkside it's a great bit of kit and useful for all sorts of things.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

capese21

Post by capese21 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:38 am

Lidl stuff is ok like their copy packaging food ok for the price. The genuine item is better though.They claim to be 40% cheaper than Tesco but it only if they compare own brand with branded. Lidl Bixies is ok but Weetabix is nicer and Tesco Stockwell wheat biscuits really nice and costs less than Lidl. Don't be fooled.
XE Indus Silver 2.0L Ford engine Heated front screen Reverse camera Blind spot warning.

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”