DAB Reception

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Vipers

DAB Reception

Post by Vipers » Sat May 28, 2016 7:28 pm

Hi all, I collected my car last week. Ever since when I switch the radio on on a DAB station I initially get no sound and a message saying 'No reception'. The reception usually appears after a few minutes but I do find even then it sometimes crackles and drops out. The FM reception is fine. Has anyone else experienced this issue anywhere in the UK? I never experienced this problem in my last car.

Thanks.
MY17 XE-S, Italian Racing Red, 20" Propeller Wheels, Jet Black Leather, InControl Touch Pro, Cold Climate Pack, Folding Mirrors, Folding Rear Seats, Black Pack, Lighting Pack, Parking Pack.

moose

Re: DAB Reception

Post by moose » Sat May 28, 2016 7:33 pm

I would lay money on the fact that the DAB has not been tuned to your local repeaters.

Go into the radio screen and you will see an entry to refresh station list. Do this see how you get on.

Bob
R Sport 240ps Bluefire with Templar wheels. Parking pack, blind spot monitor, heated windscreen, folding mirrors, splash guards, privacy glass.

Vipers

Post by Vipers » Sun May 29, 2016 7:33 am

moose wrote:I would lay money on the fact that the DAB has not been tuned to your local repeaters.

Go into the radio screen and you will see an entry to refresh station list. Do this see how you get on.

Bob
Thank you. I will give this a try.
MY17 XE-S, Italian Racing Red, 20" Propeller Wheels, Jet Black Leather, InControl Touch Pro, Cold Climate Pack, Folding Mirrors, Folding Rear Seats, Black Pack, Lighting Pack, Parking Pack.

Vipers

Post by Vipers » Sun May 29, 2016 8:54 am

moose wrote:I would lay money on the fact that the DAB has not been tuned to your local repeaters.

Bob
Hi, I've gone into the settings screens for both DAB and FM and I can't see an obvious option to refresh the station list. Is this something you've done?

Thanks.

ajxkr

Post by ajxkr » Sun May 29, 2016 9:40 am

So far the DAB reception on mine has been excellent.
Listening yesterday to Jazz FM (DAB) on the National list of stations I had to turn the volume down as the reception was just outstanding .The crisp clarity made it feel like the bands were in the car!
I do rate the Meridian(MY16) sound system as well. Unlike others,I have found the bass to be good , even with the setting below maximum....and I come from a heavy rock music background.
EX...1. XE S. IRR. Rejected after one day as expired on my drive.
2. XE S. Bluefire,fully loaded. Sold after 4 months due to quality issues.

moose

Post by moose » Sun May 29, 2016 10:29 am

Done the refresh many times, in fact just gone out and done one to check where everything is for you.

This for the NON pro version of entertainment system, pro may be the same.

Bring up the media screen and make sure the source is DAB.

Then bring up Stations and you will see an option to Refresh Station List. follow this and you will will pick up your local repeaters. It takes a couple of minutes to refresh. Even if you don't get any local repeaters you should still get the national ones unless you are in an area of very poor coverage.

Bob
R Sport 240ps Bluefire with Templar wheels. Parking pack, blind spot monitor, heated windscreen, folding mirrors, splash guards, privacy glass.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Sun May 29, 2016 11:33 am

moose wrote:Done the refresh many times.
Likewise Bob.
Earlier in the year "absolute" and it's stations moved around and I found a new national DAB network they were now on.
The Dab network often changes so it's worth doing a refresh once in a while.
2019 Evoque P300 HSE, Carpathian Grey.
2017 XE S 380, Carpathian grey.
2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Vipers

Post by Vipers » Sun May 29, 2016 12:39 pm

moose wrote:Done the refresh many times, in fact just gone out and done one to check where everything is for you.

This for the NON pro version of entertainment system, pro may be the same.

Bring up the media screen and make sure the source is DAB.

Then bring up Stations and you will see an option to Refresh Station List. follow this and you will will pick up your local repeaters. It takes a couple of minutes to refresh. Even if you don't get any local repeaters you should still get the national ones unless you are in an area of very poor coverage.

Bob
I have the Pro version and it appears to be different to the system you have and there is no option to Refresh Station List.

moose

Post by moose » Sun May 29, 2016 1:09 pm

The Pro is different.

Found this for the XF, have a watch in may help ?

http://www.jaguar.co.uk/quality-section ... 6ext%3Dmp4

Bob

Vipers

Post by Vipers » Sun May 29, 2016 6:44 pm

moose wrote:The Pro is different.

Found this for the XF, have a watch in may help ?

http://www.jaguar.co.uk/quality-section ... 6ext%3Dmp4

Bob

Thank you for finding this for me. Unfortunately the InCotrol Touch Pro is different in my 2016 XE-S than shown in this video.

Many thanks
Stuart.