DAB Reception

All Jaguar XE related discussions
LesW

Re: DAB Reception

Post by LesW » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:23 am

I see there is something about this on Topix. Can anyone access the info and let us know.
XE HSE 250 with a few extras. Landed Dec 2019
XE R-Sport (11 March) Polaris White, Meridian, Space saver,19 Venom, Keyless, 14 way memory, Folding seat, Black, Panoramic, Parking and Cold Pack

ajxkr

Post by ajxkr » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:12 am

The DAB reception in my XES was superb. No complaints about the Meridian at all.
EX...1. XE S. IRR. Rejected after one day as expired on my drive.
2. XE S. Bluefire,fully loaded. Sold after 4 months due to quality issues.

KGB XE-R

Post by KGB XE-R » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:49 pm

It is a few weeks now since my DAB reception issue was resolved by my dealer and the reception has been faultless ever since. During that time I have driven to various parts of the country and haven't even needed to retune. I have also checked the L-Band setting and it is now off, confirming my earlier suspicions that this was a red herring - in the UK, at least.

It would therefore seem most probable that the the two DAB antennae were indeed connected the wrong way round from new on the receiver and therefore simply swapping them over is all that was necessary to eradicate the problem once and for all.

If anyone still has issues with their DAB reception, I would strongly recommend that you get your dealer to try this solution.
Keith
XE R-Sport 240, IRR, Black Pack, Templar Alloys, Meridian Audio

robertW

Post by robertW » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:09 pm

DAB reception is good but never had a traffic announcement cut in - have a suspicion that traffic warnings don’t operate on DAB – so I’m thinking of going back to FM only.
240 Portfolio, July 2015, adaptive cruise, queue assist, advanced park, 360° cameras, folding mirrors.

Vipers

Post by Vipers » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:09 pm

KGB XE-R wrote:It is a few weeks now since my DAB reception issue was resolved by my dealer and the reception has been faultless ever since. During that time I have driven to various parts of the country and haven't even needed to retune. I have also checked the L-Band setting and it is now off, confirming my earlier suspicions that this was a red herring - in the UK, at least.

It would therefore seem most probable that the the two DAB antennae were indeed connected the wrong way round from new on the receiver and therefore simply swapping them over is all that was necessary to eradicate the problem once and for all.

If anyone still has issues with their DAB reception, I would strongly recommend that you get your dealer to try this solution.
Am I correct in thinking that your original problem was that when you started the car up it took a few minutes for the car to pick up any signal?

And that the fix was swapping around a couple of coaxial connectors?

If so where abouts are the connectors in the car? If you know.

Thanks
Stuart.
MY17 XE-S, Italian Racing Red, 20" Propeller Wheels, Jet Black Leather, InControl Touch Pro, Cold Climate Pack, Folding Mirrors, Folding Rear Seats, Black Pack, Lighting Pack, Parking Pack.

KGB XE-R

Post by KGB XE-R » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:35 pm

Hi Stuart,

The DAB didn't pick up a signal at all most of the time. Issues generally as per the first post in this thread.

I don't know where the connectors are, but logically, I guess they would be on the back of the DAB receiver. I haven't tried to access this myself. I got my dealer to resolve the problem, along with one other, cosmetic, teething problem.
Keith
XE R-Sport 240, IRR, Black Pack, Templar Alloys, Meridian Audio

Deleted User 732

Post by Deleted User 732 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:53 am

robertW wrote:DAB reception is good but never had a traffic announcement cut in - have a suspicion that traffic warnings don’t operate on DAB – so I’m thinking of going back to FM only.
Robert, you can test your traffic announcements quite easily by driving up the M6 to the Stoke on Trent area and then furthur up to Wigan and you will hear more traffic announcements than broadcast radio. Up here we have 3 men widening the M6 with shovels and a wheelbarrow. Work is expected to be completed in 3056. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

robertW

Post by robertW » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:03 am

Vespa - now that explains it - I have wondered for years where the all South's road menders had gone too ....
:lol:
But seriously - do you really get traffic updates while tuned to DAB transmissions?
240 Portfolio, July 2015, adaptive cruise, queue assist, advanced park, 360° cameras, folding mirrors.

robertW

Post by robertW » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:13 pm

Correction to my note last Saturday.....
I DO get traffic announcements after all on DAB, cutting over DAB from FM stations
I found the announcements option the other day and switched it on.
only took me a year .... :oops:

gsb1970

Post by gsb1970 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:18 pm

Wernt you an engineer Robert?
R-sport 180D Ammonite Grey,jet-red interior.