Alice orders Chinese carry out (and special thanks to Phil)

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Late for Tea

Alice orders Chinese carry out (and special thanks to Phil)

Post by Late for Tea » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:10 am

... and I sure hope she isn't hungry again in an hour :lol: .

I am sure everyone here has read some reviews calling the XE interior ... uninspired. I think most would agree, that while the overall styling is very pleasing, it could use at least a little spicing up.

I am also pretty sure that at least some of us do troll evilbay looking for little toys and trinkets for our caRs.

Well, there is a Chinese vendor who seems to have multiple ID's ... some show as Hong Kong ... and many of the same item are offered - at different prices (so choose carefully ... they are all the same parts from the same source). He sells matte chrome trim pieces for just about every conceivable surface in the XE. Surely if Alice were to take one of everything she would end up looking like some sort of gypsy :oops: . In moderation however, some of these bits are quite tasty.

Everything I ordered fit very very well (with the exception of the park brake trim which is being replaced by the seller). It is all actually molded plastic so it does not end up looking like some stuck on dash kit of the past. I took my time and lined it all up ... it is actually pretty foolproof.

You can pick and choose which parts you think are appropriate ... and it may be pretty easy to take it over the top. The only part I teetered on and ultimately decided against was the trim for the roof console ... because I think the idea of the black on black is to make it "disappear".

My front driver door card looks just a little more "snappy" ...

..., an additional splash of bling on the passenger front door ...

and since Jag REALLY neglected the rear doors on our caRs a little trim seems to help quite a bit here ...

Both front seats got a bit of shine. They actually sell chrome buttons too, but I think they look a bit fiddly. While YMMV, please season to taste. While Alice likes her jewelry her tastes seem to swing a bit on the conservative side ;) .

... and finally ... from the cockpit Alice is looking pretty svelte. I opted for a piano black steering wheel trim. The F-Type is done this way so I found that a bit inspiring since we have already stolen quite a few parts from her parts bin. They do sell a satin chrome piece for the wheel as well, if you are so inclined you can match the satin chrome cat on your airbag cover instead if you'd like. *WARNING* this was the most finicky part to fit. While the airbag cover does have a groove the trim piece does not find a natural home. You have to leave a small gap all around and then it does fit rather nicely. I peeled off all the backing and LIGHTLY stuck it to the wheel. I actually repositioned it twice before finally sticking it down. It helps to rotate the wheel during installation to make sure the gap is even all around. I find the black to kind of tie everything together since I did not order any special trim like the carbon fiber or any wood. And now:

THANKS PHIL!!!

See Phil's caR here!

You were absolutely correct! The aluminum paddles from a Range Rover do indeed fit our caRs. You can see them peeking out from behind the wheel. This was a great EBay find. The seller was a salvage yard and had them listed for 400 USD OBO. I offered 200 and was declined. I let them sit around for almost 4 weeks hoping no one else would see them. Again I made an offer ... 225 USD and they accepted. Brand new in a (crumpled) box. I am not sure I would spend the 570 Jag wants for them :shock: but for the money I spent I am happy ... and Alice can go on enjoying her mostly Chinese treats.

These were the SELLERS pictures:

Now I think the whole interior looks properly ... how do you say it? ... tatted up 8-) . There isn't really anything else I'd add ... but Alice may get bored over time ;) - but for now we will move to the exterior meethinks.

BrightonCorgi

Re: Alice orders Chinese carry out (and special thanks to Ph

Post by BrightonCorgi » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:13 pm

Is there a site for this vendor? I would like to do the same!
2017 Jaguar XE 3.0 R-Sport. 4th JLR car.

CRS 123

Post by CRS 123 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:57 pm

I'd love to get those aluminum paddles. What's the approx $$?
CRS
2017 XE R-Sport V6 Storm Grey, Jet Oyster interior, Black pack, 19 inch venom black wheels, Adaptive Dynamics: AWESOME CAR! but..sold it for F-Type R lease

Late for Tea

Post by Late for Tea » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:20 pm

BrightonCorgi wrote:Is there a site for this vendor? I would like to do the same!
Search EBay. There is no site to order from. I could post a couple of this guys ID's if it helps you.

Type in "Jaguar XE trim" and you should get a lot of results. Like I say, watch the pricing. Many parts between our caRs and the XF and F-Pace are the same.
CRS 123 wrote:I'd love to get those aluminum paddles. What's the approx $$?
CRS
Well, mine cost $225 USD as stated ... I believe Phil paid 190 pounds for his ... that's about 250 USD based on today's exchange rate. As also stated in my write up Jag wants $570 USD. The cheapest I have seen them for online new from a reputable parts source is about $450 USD. I did not however, conduct an extensive search on the Land Rover part number. I used the one from the Jag accessories site when searching. You just have to be patient and troll the net ;) .

Phil

Post by Phil » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:34 pm

Not too sure about the Chinese bling trim but glad you got a pair of shifters, nice aren't they :)

As you may notice in the pictures they are branded Jaguar on the part themselves, and it looks like they are the same fit across pretty much all current JLR models regardless of the part number on the box.

Late for Tea

Post by Late for Tea » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:20 am

Phil wrote:Not too sure about the Chinese bling trim ...
At that point, wouldn't it be Ching trim :p ? I was waiting for someone to make a non-positive comment ... so I could post this:

... and no, that is not on my caR :p .

alphakinase

Post by alphakinase » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:44 pm

The silver trim pieces really look great with the white leather in your car. Might be a bit much on a fully black interior though.

With the paddles I'm surprised that there's more to them than just the paddle itself, there seems to be some electronic bits as well. Apart from looking better and feeling heavier, does the clicking motion feel any different? I don't like how the stock pedals kind of have a dead zone before you reach the "click".
2017 XE R-Sport 35t, ultimate black, 19" black venom wheels, technology package, adaptive dynamics

mpercib

Post by mpercib » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:04 pm

I am in agreement with the plastic matte chrome trim pieces - IMO it does a lot to add some style, especially on the doors which I think are the weakest part of the interior - somewhat common looking - the trim pieces do a lot also to break up the mostly flat black appearance. It complements the door handle. My bits are on order from friends in the far east.
Just wish I could find some reasonably priced paddle shifters - although I do like the way the plastic ones illuminate at night - but have to say the metal looks more substantial and has a better feel as checked on other vehicles at the JLR dealer.
Jaguar XE, MY 2017, 3.5t, R-Sport, IRR, Jet/ Red, 20" Propellers w/ red calipers, Al paddle shifters, splash guards, sport pedal covers, dead pedal foot rest, tinted glass, interior trim upgrade, re-badged to R Sport.

mpercib

Post by mpercib » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:06 pm

still hunting for reasonable aluminum paddle shifters but here is a minor tweak just made courtesy of Chinese carry out...still a few more planned to add some zip to the interior

IMG_0388.jpg

Jaguar XE, MY 2017, 3.5t, R-Sport, IRR, Jet/ Red, 20" Propellers w/ red calipers, Al paddle shifters, splash guards, sport pedal covers, dead pedal foot rest, tinted glass, interior trim upgrade, re-badged to R Sport.

Late for Tea

Post by Late for Tea » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:39 pm

That looks quite good! I would have gone for the cup holder trim ring as well if I did not have the nice covers I ordered here from the forum ;) .

How did your electronic brake cover fit? Mine was a little long .... and I broke the first one. I got a refund and ordered from another seller ... it is on the way. I will likely trim the rear edge of mine if it does not fit because as your picture shows, you will never see it under the console lid.

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”