Aspec Jaguar XE

All Jaguar XE related discussions
bob_mcn

Re: Aspec Jaguar XE

Post by bob_mcn » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:17 am

Nope, too much 'bling', would probably attract too much attention with 'the law'... i would prefer S model with the performance as a street sleeper.

Bob.
Bob McN.
Oct'16 to Oct'18: Caesium Blue, Portfolio 240, MY2017, selection of addons.
Oct'18 onwards : Caldera Red, XE 300 Sport, MY2019, bigger selection of addons
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6930&start=20#p77545

ResTech

Post by ResTech » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:31 am

"Trying too hard" is the first thing that I think of when I look at it. I like the wheels, the quad exhaust, and extra power is always welcome, but rest is too much IMO.
2017 Jaguar R-Sport 35T RWD Italian Racing Red ICTPro, Comfort Pkg, Technology Pkg, Adaptive Dynamics, 20" Propeller 10 spoke wheels

YourWaftness

Post by YourWaftness » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:24 pm

Definitely a naye. Is clearly aimed at people with more money than taste.
IRR 200 PS Portfolio, ACC, heated & cooled seats, & a tamed owl

Chronix

Post by Chronix » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:39 pm

Oh, hell yay!
XE Diesel, 163HP, Manual, Xenon, Quartzit, LED doorstep, 17''

Late for Tea

Post by Late for Tea » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:41 pm

Normally I would go for stuff like this but it really does not look right on the XE. I agree with the comments that it first looks "tacked on" and also "over the top".

I tried hard to find some aspect to like, but really struggled. The closest they came were the hood vents ... I'd love to have a set a-la the F-Type ... but these are just too big. The rear spoiler is another near miss ... too many lines and swoops for me. It does not seem to flow with anything on the car really. I would gladly take the brake upgrade, but that is about it.

I much prefer the traditional Jag style hop-up like this. Maybe I am just getting old :p .

ResTech

Post by ResTech » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:50 pm

Wow... yes I much prefer that. I'm not sure about the rear wing, but it's a much more integrated look overall.
2017 Jaguar R-Sport 35T RWD Italian Racing Red ICTPro, Comfort Pkg, Technology Pkg, Adaptive Dynamics, 20" Propeller 10 spoke wheels

HARRIER

Post by HARRIER » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:34 pm

In my honest opinion it looks a mess. Both mods in equal measure all round.

I call it overkill and looks totally added on of course. The front bumper add on is terrible. The back too much. Like all these things you can design something bottom up and it looks graceful - as engineered. Then someone thinks they can make it better and all too often ruins the car. Frankly I wouldn't waste the money to do what they have done to it as it will never look right and as for messing with the performance / engineering / ride in my book the same - spoiled it.

Sorry - all down to taste and opinion I know but I love cars and hardly ever seen any modification that looks at all right.

Love to know what Insurance premium hype up there is for such mods and then if you are unlucky to be hit - the repairs will be a problem and no doubt equally bad as the add on tat.
Jaguar XE 240 Petrol Sport, Glacier White, Venom Alloys, Black Pack & quite a few extras

ResTech

Post by ResTech » Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:48 pm

I think the first two pictures of the photo set on this page will probably look a lot like what Jaguar themselves will produce if they decide to make an R/R-S version to compete with the M3 etc. (Although I really hope they don't go with that rear wing). :roll: If they put the V8 in it I'm going to be temped... :twisted:

PhilN

Post by PhilN » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:11 pm

Looks like someone trying to turn an XE into a Subaru to me. Not my taste at all. I much prefer the XE style.
XE R-Sport 2.0 Petrol Auto, Ammonite Grey, Jet/Red Interior, Split fold seats, parking pack, mirror pack and detachable tow-bar. MY2017. Sunny West Sussex.

SXTony

Post by SXTony » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:01 am

tranxhdr wrote: Image
Are those gaps around the front add-on deliberate? They just look like the thing doesn't fit at all.

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”