ICTP Maps Update Download

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
jamesdhill

Re: ICTP Maps Update Download

Post by jamesdhill » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:22 pm

Usb2 worked for me. It was a 64gb sandisk
MY17 180D Manual R-Sport, Italian Racing Red, 19" Black Venom Wheels, Jet/Red Leather, InControl Touch Pro, Black Pack, Advanced Parking Pack, Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry, AQ Sensor.

ash

Post by ash » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:42 pm

Mine probably is USB3, even though its connector isn't blue. It's the 64 GB version of the Corsiar Flash Voyager GTR:
https://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Dr ... lash-Drive
Portfolio 180 with ICTPro built Sept 2016.

wllmths

Post by wllmths » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:51 pm

Hey All,
just discovered this thread after I have been trying to download (success) and install (fail) map on a SD card in a USB card reader. Now, after reading you, I'm no longer surprised and will get myself a proper 32GB USB3 stick. :oops:

Question though: I'm not in the car now, but I'm pretty sure that the navigation info panel thought me that my latest map update is from somewhere September/October. I haven't been at the dealer's since August. Could it be that the map updates itself "on the fly*"? At least partially?

*"on the fly" being pretty appropriate in our XE's, if I may say so myself :lol:
MY17 built 06/2016, 163HP Auto R-Sport ICTP Polaris White Road Runner :D

FourFoot

Post by FourFoot » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:05 pm

wllmths wrote: Question though: I'm not in the car now, but I'm pretty sure that the navigation info panel thought me that my latest map update is from somewhere September/October. I haven't been at the dealer's since August. Could it be that the map updates itself "on the fly*"? At least partially?

*"on the fly" being pretty appropriate in our XE's, if I may say so myself :lol:
I was wondering that - does it do some kind of update (speed camera database? Routing logic?) when connected to wifi, as before i updated mine yesterday it said it was last updated on october 10th, when it was sat on my drive all day (double checked the cctv).

For what it's worth with the map update; I found a 32gb usb2 stick and it didn't work - 32gb usb3 stick worked fine - started the car and let it fully boot and settle (couple of mins), plugged in the stick to the usb port under the hdmi port (didn't work in the other one) and poked navigation from the home screen and it jumped in to life to do the update, update took about 6-7mins.
XE Portfolio - 2.0D 180 auto - Meridian 825, plenty of accessories
F-Type 400 Sport Convertible Special Edition - supercharged 3.0 V6 400 auto - Meridian 770, climate pack, parking pack

ash

Post by ash » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:31 am

ash wrote:Mine probably is USB3, even though its connector isn't blue. It's the 64 GB version of the Corsiar Flash Voyager GTR:
https://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Dr ... lash-Drive
I think I was wrong, that link isn't the same product. The GTR seems to be a legacy product and is USB 2.0
http://www.corsair.com/en-us/cmfvya32gbgt2

So for what it's worth, my experience also suggests that USB2 can work. God knows :)
Portfolio 180 with ICTPro built Sept 2016.

adistar

Post by adistar » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:06 am

Hi

Has anyone tried this with a standard ICT or is the update just for the Pro version?
XE R Sport, Diesel, Manual, Black, Privacy Glass, Black/Oyster Interior, Split Folding Rear Seats, Spare Wheel, Winter Pack (for those cold mornings), Configurable Interior Mood Lighting (For the wife)

BrendonSF

Post by BrendonSF » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:09 pm

adistar wrote:Hi

Has anyone tried this with a standard ICT or is the update just for the Pro version?
Pretty sure this particular update and method only applied to the pro version. The standard version is stored on an SD card, and I am unsure of the update steps for it
'17 XE 3.0 R-Sport: Arctic White on Red | Technology Pack with ICT Pro | Adaptive Dynamics | HUD | 19" Venoms | Black Pack

FourFoot

Post by FourFoot » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:18 pm

adistar wrote:Hi

This is only applicable to pro, the basic model uses a different navigation system maintained (some say badly) by Jaguar, whereas pro uses Here maps (owned and maintained by Audi/BMW/Daimler).
F-Type 400 Sport Convertible Special Edition - supercharged 3.0 V6 400 auto - Meridian 770, climate pack, parking pack

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:23 pm

The basic ICT system also uses HERE mapping (on an SD card).

FourFoot

Post by FourFoot » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:26 pm

Stephen wrote:The basic ICT system also uses HERE mapping (on an SD card).
Oh does it? I thought it used something else hence the different update procedure. You learn something new every day :)

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”