Jag Service Scheme

All Jaguar XE related discussions
sarmes

Re: Jag Service Scheme

Post by sarmes » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:59 am

Steeveyboy wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:21 am
I am very impressed with having service intervals so long apart or with so much mileage done (either/or) but personally I would like at least an oil/filter change once a year. If I were to do this either myself or private garage would this affect my warranty....would the Jag Big Brother know when I bring it in for its Jaguar service?
I doubt you'll get the new speedo, each one has been different hardware I believe.
200ps Prestige, Polaris White, Heated Front Screen, Parking pack, Space saver, 10way Seats, Lumbar support and Towbar

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:55 am

DannyOllis wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:13 pm
Hi All,
Car is in for service tomorrow, they said it would be a more minor service, such as oil change, tightening of a few bits and 3 software updates. This will be the car's first service and has done 17,000 miles. Does anyone know exactly what they mean by "tightening of a few bits"? And does the software update mean that I'll get the lovely new round digital speedo?
The earlier cars collected quite a few outstanding campaigns which should be done at the first service.
One of which was to check the track-rod end torque so that's probably what they mean.
Digital speedo is only on My18 cars with the ICTPro I'm afraid.
XE S, My18, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
07/15 to 05/17: XE S British Racing Green Pics

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:22 am

irishtaff wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:22 pm
My 2016 came with a 3 year service plan (or 2 yr for my Diesel) which just got done last week.
Only feedback I got was a sheet full of green bars and tyre depth measurements.
The good news is that I can go for another 2 years before paying for the next one.
Taff I think you still have another free service to come as mine is 2 services and the car is diesel on 2 yearly services.
R Sport 180 in Bluefire with loads of extras. ;)

FourFoot

Post by FourFoot » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:33 pm

Ian d wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:38 am
I bought the jaguar service plan as part of the deal with my car, do you receive anything to say you have whatever plan as it’s been 6 weeks now and nothing.
Give your dealer a chase I'd say. My paperwork and card came through about a week after I got the car. Not sure if they still send out the cards though - when I got mine the dealership wasn't sure if they still sent them (turns out they did at the time). I've never needed it though.
XE Portfolio - 2.0D 180 auto - Meridian 825, plenty of accessories
F-Type 400 Sport Convertible Special Edition - supercharged 3.0 V6 400 auto - Meridian 770, climate pack, parking pack

Ian d

Post by Ian d » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:57 am

Is there a number to call regarding the service plan as I have a feeling I’m being mugged off. I get the usual, we’re chasing it up and we’re waiting back for confirmation etc.
2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250Ps 18MY, Loire blue, ICTP, 380w Meridian, 350mm brakes, climate pack, parking pack, sports pedals, keyless, power-fold mirrors, 10 way seats, 4 way lumbar, extra sockets. Black/Oyster interior.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:00 am

I got a letter copy to the dealer principle as proof but no card. It was all on their computer system anyway.
R Sport 180 in Bluefire with loads of extras. ;)

FourFoot

Post by FourFoot » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:16 pm

Ian d wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:57 am
Is there a number to call regarding the service plan as I have a feeling I’m being mugged off. I get the usual, we’re chasing it up and we’re waiting back for confirmation etc.
The service plan is organised and administrated by EMaC and you can call them on 0330 099 6826
XE Portfolio - 2.0D 180 auto - Meridian 825, plenty of accessories
F-Type 400 Sport Convertible Special Edition - supercharged 3.0 V6 400 auto - Meridian 770, climate pack, parking pack

DannyOllis

Post by DannyOllis » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:58 pm

Very poor service from local Jag garage in Bristol. Nothing ever seems simple. They wouldn’t carry out service to car due to damage to undertray which I am getting replaced. You have to wait at leat an hour before you can even talk to somebody, despite booking a time slot. In th health check report and video, there was nothing positive, even to the tiny swirl scratched to lower body panelling. The guy narrated the video in such a depressing manner it was enough to put Ronald McDonald in a bad mood, for the premium price, you’d expect a little more professionalism and co operation. All staff seemed extremely inexperienced and unhelpful. “Damage here” “Damage there” and the cars body work is in sublime condition! Very disappointing. I know they are obliged to tell you these things, but it doesn’t exactly make you feel good about owning THEIR product, but are happy as Larry when selling it to you!
Jaguar XE R-Sport - Black - 180ps

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”