One for the audiophiles...

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Rgc

Re: One for the audiophiles...

Post by Rgc » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:01 pm

I think my 128gb is formatted using Fat32 as well.
XE 180D RWD Auto Portfolio in Dark Sapphire Blue Light Oyster Interior, Gloss Figured Ebony
(14 waySeatsMem&PwrFold, ColdClimPack, PwrPack, ICTPro, AdvParkAssPack, 40/20/40 HeatRearSeat, LKA, BSMonitor, PremMoodLight, PanRoof)
- Essex 20/12/2016

147daytona

Post by 147daytona » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:22 pm

I use a 128Gb pen drive, formatted to FAT32, I found that it kept misbehaving when formatted to exFAT but maybe it's just my pen drive.
MY17 240 R-Sport, IRR, Black Pack, Park Pack, Cold Climate Pack, 19" Twin 5 Spokes, Jet/Red Interior, 10 Way + Lumbar, Split Rear Seat, ICT Pro, Illuminated Tread Plates, Configurable Mood Lighting, Alloy Paddles & Pedals, Homelink, Spare Wheel.

Mikeyjd

Post by Mikeyjd » Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:40 pm

I tried a usb stick when I first got my car, was a bit of a gaff setting it up. Then after a while I remembered I had an old iPod in a cupboard. I loaded a bunch of music from my computer and just plugged it in the central compartment. It worked straight away and I can choose to play albums, artists, and even playlists. Plus album art appears on the screen. No faffing about, it is so simple. Plus you can pick up old iPods on eBay from only about £15. Another bonus, you can then even take out the iPod and play it with headphones if you are gong for a walk. It is constantly plugged in and never gets hot, unlike a lot of "sticks".
2018MY R Sport. 250D AWD. Corris Grey - Meridian, Black pack, Parking pack, Folding Rear Seats, plus loads of extras.

ChrisGB

Post by ChrisGB » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:59 pm

Fat32 is usually the supplied format for new USB drives. You can format up to 16TB on Fat32, but Microshite limit users to 32GB for formatting memory sticks etc. Not sure how you'd get around it it Windows. We've got a Linux option here, so no problem. I'm using a 128GB SanDisk low profile drive with FAT32.

File structure wise, I drop the music folder in the root directory and run music > artist > album > track. Pro allows me to browse this and plays album tracks in correct order. FLAC is worth the extra storage space. Using Windows media player for ripping.
S 380, ICT Pro, resale grey. Fun and comfy!

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”