Tracker

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Midd_2005

Tracker

Post by Midd_2005 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:02 am

I can see on my Topix spec that I have a Stolen Vehicle Tracker fitted.

If I notify my insurance company of this will it likely reduce my premium and if so, is there any further information I need? I'm assuming they will ask what type of tracker etc?

Thanks
Black XE R Sport 180PS 2.0L Diesel, 18" Alloys, Meridian Sound System, Ambient Lighting,

PhilB

Re: Tracker

Post by PhilB » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:54 am

Most don't seem to offer discount anymore I'm afraid but you might be lucky.
It's a Thatcham Cat 6 tracker.
More stuff here:

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/incontrol/inco ... ecure.html

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/incontrol/inco ... -faqs.html

Not sure when your car was first registered but the subscription lasts for the warranty period i.e the first 3 years.
XE S, My18, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
07/15 to 05/17: XE S British Racing Green Pics

billvega

Post by billvega » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:55 am

Midd_2005 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:02 am
I can see on my Topix spec that I have a Stolen Vehicle Tracker fitted.

If I notify my insurance company of this will it likely reduce my premium and if so, is there any further information I need? I'm assuming they will ask what type of tracker etc?

Thanks
Do you have a subscription for it? I can locate my vehicle via the app but my dealer told me insurance companies do not class that as a tracker.

Stolen vehicle tracker does not appear on my spec so I assume you do have a tracker but I know my friend has to have an active subscription with the monitoring company on his Porsche.
XE R Sport 180, MY18, Corris Grey, Black Pack/Venoms, Cold Climate, 40/20/40, Parking Pack, 10-Way Seats & 4-Way Lumbar.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:58 am

billvega wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:55 am
Do you have a subscription for it? I can locate my vehicle via the app but my dealer told me insurance companies do not class that as a tracker.

Stolen vehicle tracker does not appear on my spec so I assume you do have a tracker but I know my friend has to have an active subscription with the monitoring company on his Porsche.
The tracker is a factory fit that you have to pay for as it will give live tracking if the car is stolen whereas the ordinary incontrol app will only show it when it has parked up.
XE S, My18, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.

billvega

Post by billvega » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:03 am

PhilB wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:58 am
billvega wrote:

The tracker is a factory fit that you have to pay for as it will give live tracking if the car is stolen whereas the ordinary incontrol app will only show it when it has parked up.
Thanks Phil... again :)
XE R Sport 180, MY18, Corris Grey, Black Pack/Venoms, Cold Climate, 40/20/40, Parking Pack, 10-Way Seats & 4-Way Lumbar.

Midd_2005

Post by Midd_2005 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:10 am

PhilB wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:58 am
billvega wrote:

Thanks Phil.

So when you say "pay for" do you mean a one off cost to have it fitted when built or do you mean a subscription?

I'm thinking of ringing my insurance company as my policy is due to renew in a few weeks and should be able to get this added with no admin charge. However, I don't want to add it if there's a subscription charge as this may invalidate my insurance?
Black XE R Sport 180PS 2.0L Diesel, 18" Alloys, Meridian Sound System, Ambient Lighting,

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:38 am

Midd_2005 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:10 am
Thanks Phil.

So when you say "pay for" do you mean a one off cost to have it fitted when built or do you mean a subscription?

I'm thinking of ringing my insurance company as my policy is due to renew in a few weeks and should be able to get this added with no admin charge. However, I don't want to add it if there's a subscription charge as this may invalidate my insurance?
It is a cost optional extra when the car is built in the same way as memory seats or whatever.
Whoever ordered your car had it as an option on the car and it has a three year subscription included in the price so you should have nothing to pay.

My first had an aftermarket tracker fitted (the built in one wasn't an option then) and taking into account the cost of buying it, having it fitted by an auto electrician and annual subscriptions the built in one is actually cheaper.
So when I ordered my current one I had the tracker included on the options list.

I haven't looked into the costs of extending the subscriptions once 3 years are up as XE's aren't near that date yet but if Jag can sting people for money they will !!!
I have a feeling the ordinary Incontrol App might well need paying for after 3 years as well unless anybody knows different?

pem

Post by pem » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:16 pm

My son purchased the very quick Vauxhall Corsa VXR as a few months old ex-demo.

It had a tracker fitted by the Vauxhall main dealer as they seem to get them cheap or free from the tracking companies with 3 months subscription included which supposedly protects the car whilst still owned by the dealer
After that you have to pay an annual subscription at quite a high cost.

Before taking up the subscription my son obtained insurance quotations for the same car with and without a tracker and his quote was £75 dearer WITH the tracker.

When he queried it with the insurance company he was told the tracker made his vehicle MORE DESIRABLE !!!! absolute b*llocks but thats what they said

so he did not subscribe to the tracker. I hear that thieves use jamming devices and all sorts of tricks that negate the worth of a tracker
R-sport 180 Diesel Auto Glacier white, jet/red leather, 19" black venoms,black pack, parking pack, climate pack, panoramic roof, privacy glass, 10 way electric seats, 4 way lumbar, powerfold mirrors with blindspot and lots more goodies

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:30 pm

pem wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:16 pm
I hear that thieves use jamming devices and all sorts of tricks that negate the worth of a tracker
I think that might be a separate issue about whether trackers are any good or not.
This thread is about a member who has "inherited" a built in tracker in his forthcoming XE and needs advice about it.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:44 pm

PhilB wrote:

It is a cost optional extra when the car is built in the same way as memory seats or whatever.
Whoever ordered your car had it as an option on the car and it has a three year subscription included in the price so you should have nothing to pay.

My first had an aftermarket tracker fitted (the built in one wasn't an option then) and taking into account the cost of buying it, having it fitted by an auto electrician and annual subscriptions the built in one is actually cheaper.
So when I ordered my current one I had the tracker included on the options list.

I haven't looked into the costs of extending the subscriptions once 3 years are up as XE's aren't near that date yet but if Jag can sting people for money they will !!!
I have a feeling the ordinary Incontrol App might well need paying for after 3 years as well unless anybody knows different?
The funny part of this is that my spec states tracker fitted but on page 4 of the app that you mentioned elsewhere it doesn't show. Now having said that, I was sat watching TV a few weeks back when my phone rang to ask me to check my car as the tracker had sent a message that it was being moved. I phoned the tracker people as stated on the phone and they had no record of it moving. Rgarding the In Control app mine shows an expiry date of 13th May 2018, so I expect a renewal notice will appear then from JLR. :o
R Sport 180 in Bluefire with loads of extras. ;)

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”