Jaguar XE Forum banner

2018 Lead Time

13K views 38 replies 18 participants last post by  Harry Brown 
#1 ·
In Dec I placed my order via Arval for 2.0D auto prestige, parking pack, Meridian system & cold climate
It's a fleet car & over holidays I mailed HA Fox Guildford who will be supplying the vehicle asking for a build date

They replied today saying a slot hadn't been allocated but they would expect build to be March / early April!
I'm amazed that as Diesel sales are down 40% & overall XE sales are less than originally planned, I'm still seeing a lead time of around 16 weeks for a fairly standard spec car - is this normal for other new orders

Any comments would be appreciated

#27 ·
I can't believe you had so many problems and had to jump through so many hoops for, what should be, a normal everyday process for all those involved.

Let's hope the car is all you expected, and more, and that this is the end of your saga.

#28 ·
Just for info, I ordered my factory-build XE on the 27th March 2018 and have just been informed today (11th May 2018) that it's built and expected to be delivered by the end of the month. So if it all goes to plan, that's 8-9 weeks.

#29 ·
Just found this thread.
Ordered my XE Prestige from Beadles in Watford 22nd Dec 7. Was told the build date was around 4th April ended up being 4th May.
Due to get the car next Tuesday 22nd May.

The dealer has been extremely helpful and would highly recommend them.
It is not their fault that the delivery date slipped and they can only pass on the information they are provided with by Jaguar.
They did put pressure on Jaguar, although I did not think that this pushed me up the list.
I also contacted Jaguar customer services to see if they could tel me what was going on, and did say that issue was at their end and not the dealers.

Hope the car is worth the weight

Beadles paid for me to do the Castle Bromwich factory tour and saw the F Types being built. Amazing tour and would highly recommend it to any one who has not gone.
Just booked for the Jaguar Classic tour.

#30 ·
I ordered a 250ps petrol XE in late March and was told by Harwoods that it was in the pool awaiting a build slot, but that a June delivery was likely. I heard nothing more and when I checked with the dealer in early May I was told the vehicle STILL had not been ordered because JLR was transitioning to the MY2019, dealing with the particulate filter issue, and had not accepted ANY dealer orders for 2 months! I have had to go back and re-specify against the MY2019 spec, and suffered a UKP2k price increase, and I STILL do not have any confirmation of the order, let alone a build or delivery date. I read in the media a little while ago that JLR was actually short of sales and was reducing shifts. This doesn't seem surprising if they are refusing to accept orders. I'm not happy!

#31 ·
KevinInSuffolkUK said:
Just for info, I ordered my factory-build XE on the 27th March 2018 and have just been informed today (11th May 2018) that it's built and expected to be delivered by the end of the month. So if it all goes to plan, that's 8-9 weeks.
As a follow-up, here are the full stats:
83 Days (11.9 weeks) estimated from order to delivery

45 Days (6.4 weeks) from order to built
57 Days (8.1 weeks) from order to dealer unloading it.
64 Days (9.1 weeks) from order to handover

Very pleased with this.

#32 ·
KevinInSuffolkUK said:
KevinInSuffolkUK said:
As a follow-up, here are the full stats:
83 Days (11.9 weeks) estimated from order to delivery

45 Days (6.4 weeks) from order to built
57 Days (8.1 weeks) from order to dealer unloading it.
64 Days (9.1 weeks) from order to handover

Very pleased with this.
Safe to say you beat me by a mile! I've been waiting about 18 weeks already and the delivery date just keeps getting pushed further and further back.

#33 ·
jackass said:
Safe to say you beat me by a mile! I've been waiting about 18 weeks already and the delivery date just keeps getting pushed further and further back.
What engine is in yours? - mine is a 200PS petrol

#35 ·
So I guess that either means that yours was caught by the oil pump issue and had to be reworked, or perhaps one of the options you selected had supply issues.

#36 ·
I placed my XE order on the 1st March and was ready for collection 17th May so around 11 weeks.

#38 ·
KevinInSuffolkUK said:
So I guess that either means that yours was caught by the oil pump issue and had to be reworked, or perhaps one of the options you selected had supply issues.
Yeah I figured it had to be one of those, either that or the dealership is just being lazy. I did order the ICT Pro, with the digital dash and whatnot, perhaps the delays stemmed from that.

Either way, we'll all have our cars sooner or later, I'm just so excited!

#39 ·
Bump.

Ordered my 300 AWD R Sport on Friday 24th August, with a few add-ons (digital display, sunroof, other bits and bobs.) Someone mentioned in another thread here that lead times were up to five months on the 300 petrol model.

I've received an email from the dealer today confirming that the car will be with them this Friday, the 5th, and available for collection next Tuesday 9th.

Six weeks and four days. It seems too good to be true - I don't know whether to be pleased or suspicious.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.