Which fuse to disable daytime running lights?

All Jaguar XE related discussions
97obw

Re: Which fuse to disable daytime running lights?

Post by 97obw » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:46 pm

Wouldn't that just be replacing the bulb itself and nothing regarding the fuse?

cjcollas

Post by cjcollas » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:49 am

I also am really disappointed in the halogen headlights on my xe. It is partially my fault for expecting led or hid to come standard. My Chevy truck had leds for godsake. Anyhow, I understand that putting in an aftermarket led is bad to use for your night time halogen bulb, because the pattern would not be correct and could blind other drivers. So I think I'll end up buying some h7 osram cool blue bulbs to replace my main night time low beams. However would there be an issue with changing my h15 Daytime running lights with lets say these? h15 leds

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:19 am

97obw wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:46 pm
Wouldn't that just be replacing the bulb itself and nothing regarding the fuse?
I think it's safe to say that the fuse isn't going to get you anywhere as it runs all the bulbs in the headlamp units.
If you can find an H15 bulb that's 55w only instead of the 15/55w ones I have seen then you could try replacing your bulbs.
But obviously that would be your responsibility as we don't know if changing the bulbs to a non OEM spec would have any effect on the car's electrical systems.
XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

richmond

Post by richmond » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:50 am

richmond wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:07 pm
Presumably they replace the H7 15/55W with an H7 55W, if such a thing exists which I assume it does.
Of course I meant H15. :oops:
John
2016 XE Italian Racing Red Prestige 2.0i 200
Prev. 2011 XFS

NewLester de Rocin

Post by NewLester de Rocin » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:35 pm

Take PhilB’s hint seriously :| . There have been posts on this and other forums, where swapping a simple brand of bulb in one area of the XE caused electrical haunted-house happenings throughout the car’s lighting and instrument monitoring system.

I’ve been loaned the halogen versions of the XF, and the DRL glow is a bit golden-oldie. But at night, that gold is rare around the US cities, and has its charm.
Keep in mind, you the driver, never see the DRLs when you’re driving your car. So your perception of how those DRLs look is based mostly on you standing away from your car while it’s parked, and gazing at them from your standing position.

To an oncoming driver, or pedestrians along the curb while your car is in motion under your command… those DRLs likely have a very different impression. ;)
I can attest that the LED-type DRLs on the XE look considerably different when you’re standing 7 feet away from them, or gazing from 30 feet away and kneeling. I can also attest that the DRLs change their intensity when the gear is in park, when the gear is in Drive, when the gear is drive and the headlamps are ON.

Others around you may be finding the HALOGEN DRL effect rather eye-catching, when the car is in motion at night, and you the driver can’t see what they see. …So do you really want this small issue to compel you to disable their circuit?
1990 Corolla DX in Regata Blue; 1996 Corolla DX in Satin Granite Black;
2017 (X760) XE Prestige in British Racing Green

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”