USB lost from Source list

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Domfow

USB lost from Source list

Post by Domfow » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:25 am

Standard ICT system, I went onto the Source list this morning and USB has disappeared, DAB, FM,AM and AUX present. Checked and my USB stick was present with light on. Took stick out, put stick back in, still not on source list. Switched engine off, on again still no USB recognition. Anybody got any ideas? Nobody has been in the centre console box and the USB was present yesterday.
Jaguar XE Portfolio 163ps manual Bluefire with Oyster leather, extras: xenon, reverse camera, heated screen, upgrade matts, dim mirrors

PhilB

Re: USB lost from Source list

Post by PhilB » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:32 am

How quickly after start-up did you try and access it?
I did the nav update the other day so popped mine out.
When I put it back, just after starting I went for it in source and it showed the stick as empty.
Left it for a few minutes and went back and all was well again.
I'd pop it in your PC or lappy just to make sure it hasn't been mysteriously wiped then put it back in the car.
Current: XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Domfow

Post by Domfow » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:14 am

PhilB wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:32 am
How quickly after start-up did you try and access it?
I did the nav update the other day so popped mine out.
When I put it back, just after starting I went for it in source and it showed the stick as empty.
Left it for a few minutes and went back and all was well again.
I'd pop it in your PC or lappy just to make sure it hasn't been mysteriously wiped then put it back in the car.
I've just put it in my lappy and it now wants formatting. I think it has been spiked!, great new stick and copy all my cd's over again.
Jaguar XE Portfolio 163ps manual Bluefire with Oyster leather, extras: xenon, reverse camera, heated screen, upgrade matts, dim mirrors

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:54 am

Seems like gremlins in the works.
I know what a pain it can be having to reload the stick with all your fav tunes.
Current: XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

bob_mcn

Post by bob_mcn » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:49 am

PhilB wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:54 am
I know what a pain it can be having to reload the stick with all your fav tunes.
After i update/ sortout my 'tunes' i make a Directory/file on the PC and make a copy of the stick, makes it easier to modify/update in the future.
Bob Mc.
Caesium Blue, Portfolio 240, MY2017, and a selection of addons.
ordered 04/09/2017: XE 300 Sport, Caldera Red, and a selection of addons

Domfow

Post by Domfow » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:01 pm

bob_mcn wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:49 am
PhilB wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:54 am
After i update/ sortout my 'tunes' i make a Directory/file on the PC and make a copy of the stick, makes it easier to modify/update in the future.
I've got them backed up on the laptop, so straight copy onto a new stick, but still this shouldn't happen, this is the second time in 23 months I've had my USB stick corrupted in the car

myquest

Post by myquest » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:47 am

Living near Salisbury, I suspect the Russians...
XE-S. MY17. Usual stuff.

Domfow

Post by Domfow » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:33 pm

myquest wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:47 am
Living near Salisbury, I suspect the Russians...
Bought new stick 'SANDISK Ultra Flair USB 3.0 Memory Stick - 32 GB', downloaded music off laptop. Quality on the Meridian 380 much improved over old USB stick. I played Elgar 'Pomp and Circumstance March No 1' (Land of Hope & Glory) first off the stick over the system, known to clear all Russian malware :lol:

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”