Number plate

All Jaguar XE related discussions
j3bnl

Re: Number plate

Post by j3bnl » Tue May 08, 2018 7:08 am

XES Owner wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 11:50 pm
I guess the reason could be that they stick the number plates on is so they can be easily replaced with your personalised plates !!
If you’ve ever had to remove those sticky pads they stick the number plates on with you would realise they are not easily removed. 😭
R Sport AWD Ultimate Black
Cold Climate Pack
Parking Pack
Space Saver Spare Wheel

FairlyOldGit

Post by FairlyOldGit » Tue May 08, 2018 9:32 am

My (personal number) plates are stuck on with some extremely strong double sided tape.

When I swapped my last car back to its original reg I destroyed the plates getting them off -
that is how strong the tape is, properly applied.

I took my own new plates with me when I collected my XE because I particularly wanted plain
plates with no screw heads visible - I hate rusty screw heads showing ! :x :x

BTW I also dislike collecting a new car with unsolicited advertising for the dealer stuck on it -
that gets removed as soon as possible !

[rant mode off]

Richard
MY17 Prestige, Petrol, 200bhp, Auto, Polaris White, Jet Taurus Leather, 17" Crux Wheels, Manual Seats,
Cold Climate Pack, Parking Pack, Power Fold Mirrors, Space Saver Spare, Split Fold Rear Seat, Cup Holder Covers

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Tue May 08, 2018 1:16 pm

Cheap screws will rust but there are screws that don't. Also yo can put a small blob of copperslip on the screw thread and under the screw cap cover. I hate it when cheapo dealers just fix with screws and no head cap covers at around 1p each in bulk.
R Sport 180 in Bluefire with loads of extras. ;)

1stjag4me

Post by 1stjag4me » Tue May 08, 2018 9:39 pm

I'm taking it back to the dealer on Saturday to have the plates screwed in.
MY18 Caldera Red XE R-sport 180ps - Privacy Glass - ICT Pro - Parking Pack - Power folding door mirrors

147daytona

Post by 147daytona » Wed May 09, 2018 9:42 am

Make sure they get it level, mine was screwed on by the dealer and was fitted at a slight angle and it annoyed the hell out of me :(
MY17 240 R-Sport, IRR, Black Pack, Park Pack, Cold Climate Pack, 19" Twin 5 Spokes, Jet/Red Interior, 10 Way + Lumbar, Split Rear Seat, ICT Pro, Illuminated Tread Plates, Configurable Mood Lighting, Alloy Paddles & Pedals, Homelink, Spare Wheel.

SXTony

Post by SXTony » Wed May 16, 2018 12:56 pm

My plates are stuck on. Both have fallen off, luckily at home.

Petercoll

Post by Petercoll » Wed May 16, 2018 11:41 pm

Age old chestnut : double sided number plate tape doesn't stick properly if applied outside in the rain, or if there is dew lurking about, early morning or late in the afternoon in the open air. Applied inside a warm garage there's no way the tape can ever become unstuck later on....must be the done thing at retailers nowadays to send someone out in the cold damp air to stick on the double sided tape for the number plates. Mine are screwed in, however there is a one centimetre gouge in the paint from a Stanley knife in the recessed area, luckily not visible unless very close, and at the right angle to the light.
MY 17 XE 25t r-Sport , Corris Grey with rear privacy glass, 19 inch wheels, In Control Touch Pro, larger disc brakes, Adaptive Dynamics & split rear seats.

nippirC

Post by nippirC » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:02 pm

Mine were both screwed on and they even made my personal plates up as well.

capese21

Post by capese21 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:35 am

Would you seriously want holes drilled into you "38k" XE?? My XE has stick on and no way could it be removed easily. Dome properly stick on is better imho.

Domfow

Post by Domfow » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:56 am

capese21 wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:35 am
Would you seriously want holes drilled into you "38k" XE?? My XE has stick on and no way could it be removed easily. Dome properly stick on is better imho.
They have the holes or blanks put in at the factory to take number plates from all around the world
image 4
https://www.jaguarlandroverannapolis.co ... 05106.html
Last edited by Domfow on Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jaguar XE Portfolio 163ps manual Bluefire with Oyster leather, extras: xenon, reverse camera, heated screen, upgrade matts, dim mirrors

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”