Incontrol remote premium renewal

All Jaguar XE related discussions
User avatar
robertW
Posts: 1011
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:01 pm
Location: New Forest, Hampshire, UK

Re: Incontrol remote premium renewal

Post by robertW » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:19 pm

Vespa wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:50 am
robertW wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:40 am
All sorted by phone and a reset procedure
Can you explain the reset proceedure. Let me guess press button top right and hold until light stops flashing???? Or have they done it at their end as they did with mine? :)

Hi Vespa. method was:

EDIT : ensure Jag have phoned to confirm premium is set up for the car at the centre.

1. Uninstall Jag Remote app from phone
2. drive a mile or so and stop in a good phone signal area.
3. Press and hold breakdown button on car ceiling for 10 sec.
4. reinstall phone app.

I also recommend crossing fingers - very ancient remedy for all things iffy ;)
240 Portfolio, July 2015, adaptive cruise, queue assist, advanced park, 360° cameras, folding mirrors.


User avatar
PhilB
Posts: 5458
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:57 pm
Location: South Buckinghamshire

Re: Incontrol remote premium renewal

Post by PhilB » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:33 pm

I used the same method to fix mine when the journey's became slow until they weren't loading at all.
The only thing I'd add is to hold down the button until the flash changes from fast to slow then release it and stay there until it stops flashing completely then go for a drive for 10-15 minutes.
Works a treat.
XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.


BevC
Posts: 347
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:26 pm
Location: Leicestershire

Re: Incontrol remote premium renewal

Post by BevC » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:36 pm

A question for those who have taken the extended warranty - is this part of it or does it need to be renewed separately?
Current MY2019 Corris Grey/Oyster Portfolio 180 Auto AWD
Previously MY2015 Polaris White/Ebony Prestige 163 Manual


BOBCDP
Posts: 349
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:51 pm
Location: Vale of Glamorgan

Re: Incontrol remote premium renewal

Post by BOBCDP » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:39 pm

PhilB wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:33 pm
I used the same method to fix mine when the journey's became slow until they weren't loading at all.
The only thing I'd add is to hold down the button until the flash changes from fast to slow then release it and stay there until it stops flashing completely then go for a drive for 10-15 minutes.
Works a treat.
Ah this must be a fix for everything on the remote app.
On my iphone app under Vehicle Health Report, it says "Your vehicle has indicated that a scheduled service is due" etc etc. It first appeared 12 months ago after I had the 2 year service. There is no warning on the car itself. The car was in last month for air con so I asked them to reset the service indicator but that did naff all.
It doesn't really bother me but I thought I might as well try and get it fixed, so I sent an email to CRC. Immediate reply saying how important my email was and they would get back within 3 days. And they did!!

This was their advice:
- Log out of the app
- Drive the vehicle for at least a mile
- Press and hold the beak down button (located in the roof console with an image of a spanner) for 15 seconds
- Log back into the app
If the problems persists, please contact us again and we will investigate further.

Nope that didn't work so I wrote back which resulted in another reply as follows:

Thank you for your email dated 30th June. I am sorry the problem persists.
In order that we may investigate this matter further, I would be grateful if you could provide the following:
- The make and model of your mobile phone, together with the software operating system version currently installed
- The app version installed
- A screen shot showing the service required alert.

Sent all the info the same day.

Since then despite sending them a follow up every week, absolutely nothing except of couse the immediate replies that my email is important etc and they will reply within 3 days.

Maybe it's a new policy by CRC. Ignore the moaning buggers and hopefully they will all go away and stop bothering us!! :D :D :D
MY16 2015 R-Sport 180d, Auto, Yulong White,


User avatar
Vespa
Posts: 4338
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:50 am
Location: North West UK

Re: Incontrol remote premium renewal

Post by Vespa » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:11 am

Ignore the moaning buggers and hopefully they will all go away and stop bothering us!! :D :D :D

The norm for most companies now unless you use Maskbook. :lol: :lol: :lol:
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D


User avatar
robertW
Posts: 1011
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:01 pm
Location: New Forest, Hampshire, UK

Re: Incontrol remote premium renewal

Post by robertW » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:47 pm

Alternatively, trowel on the charm to get priority ?
240 Portfolio, July 2015, adaptive cruise, queue assist, advanced park, 360° cameras, folding mirrors.


User avatar
PhilB
Posts: 5458
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:57 pm
Location: South Buckinghamshire

Re: Incontrol remote premium renewal

Post by PhilB » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:04 pm

BOBCDP wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:39 pm
Ah this must be a fix for everything on the remote app.
I think it is Bob.
I think it is just re-pairing the car with the incontrol servers at Jaguar.
A bit like a remote kick up the arse.

I had two goes until It worked properly the problem being on the first two times I drove off when it had started it's slow flash.
It presumably hadn't finished doing it's business.
Third time I stayed put until it stopped flashing completely.
Has been perfect ever since with journeys only taking a few minutes to appear on the app.
XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.


User avatar
Vespa
Posts: 4338
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:50 am
Location: North West UK

Re: Incontrol remote premium renewal

Post by Vespa » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:16 pm

How come Jagaur messed me about for nearly 4 weeks and were unable to tell me that??? I actually think that many members on here know more about the XE's foibles and what needs fixing and how than JLR themselves. :lol: :lol:
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D


User avatar
Repairman
Posts: 362
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:06 pm
Location: Dorset

Re: Incontrol remote premium renewal

Post by Repairman » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:40 pm

Vespa wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:16 pm
How come Jagaur messed me about for nearly 4 weeks and were unable to tell me that??? I actually think that many members on here know more about the XE's foibles and what needs fixing and how than JLR themselves. :lol: :lol:
I agree Vespa, as with another post of mine, techs only need to know how to work diagnostic equipment, if that doesn't fix it, then back to JLR, in the older days, the technicians at Ford Dealerships used to feed back problems and fixes to the factory, there is certainly no inquisitive diagnostics performed by the JLR tech's. And for the hourly rate charged I find this surprisingly poor.
XE R Sport 180 2.0D in Italian Racing Red


BOBCDP
Posts: 349
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:51 pm
Location: Vale of Glamorgan

Re: Incontrol remote premium renewal

Post by BOBCDP » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:59 pm

Vespa wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:11 am
Ignore the moaning buggers and hopefully they will all go away and stop bothering us!! :D :D :D

The norm for most companies now unless you use Maskbook. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Very true!!
PhilB wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:04 pm
BOBCDP wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:39 pm
Ah this must be a fix for everything on the remote app.
I think it is Bob.
I think it is just re-pairing the car with the incontrol servers at Jaguar.
A bit like a remote kick up the arse.

I had two goes until It worked properly the problem being on the first two times I drove off when it had started it's slow flash.
It presumably hadn't finished doing it's business.
Third time I stayed put until it stopped flashing completely.
Has been perfect ever since with journeys only taking a few minutes to appear on the app.
I'll have another go Phil and try your method and see what happens.
robertW wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:47 pm
Alternatively, trowel on the charm to get priority ?
I've been all sweetness and light up to now, but all I get back is that sodding "Your email is important to us" etc etc.

Maybe they have sent the whole of CRC on a summer jolly somewhere for services to ignoring customers.
MY16 2015 R-Sport 180d, Auto, Yulong White,


Post Reply

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”