Jaguar XE Forum banner

Exquisite

11K views 35 replies 26 participants last post by  blokeonthemove 
#1 ·
As I refilled the XE's fuel tank today, a small woman, perhaps 70 years old, walked out of the garage shop, stopped, then approached me. She smiled, and said in what I think was a South African accent, "Sir, you have the most exquisite car, absolutely beautiful." What a lovely lady, she knew to address me formally and she liked my car.

#2 ·
I've had exactly the same experience on more than one occasion. It is the first car that I have had where people feel the spontaneous desire to comment on how beautiful it looks.

#3 ·
I had a minibus full of Chinese tourists pull up behind my car at the services. The men jumped out ran up to me (I thought I was about to be k8dnapped) and very politely asked if they could touch my car as it was so beautiful. I let them and two started screaming after they stroked it. My son who was coming out of the services at the time almost wet himself when he saw their reaction. They politely thanked me and went into the building chatting and pointing as they went. Must admit I was a bit bemused but proud of my cat lol

#4 ·
That's brilliant! My previous cars have been a corsa, yaris, 308 now the XE. I have to admit I've found it quite embarrassing people in my street etc saying what a nice car it is and standing with me admiring it! Guess it's just a new and unexpected experience for me, a nice one though!

#5 ·
I wonder if anyone ever says the XE is ugly? I doubt it very much, and yet beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are certain cars which to me are so very ugly that I would never consider buying them. The Nissan Juke, Kia Soul and BMW Z4 are in that category as far as I am concerned. The Juke is clearly very popular, and that quite amazes me.

#7 ·
My car normally hides behind our rose bushes, but when she is parked on the front of the drive I always find it amusing that she stops grown men in their tracks to stare wistfully at her. You would think after 2 years they would be used to her by now.

#8 ·
Every time I walk to mine, I get a smile on my face. From the front it is truly stunning, I don't think her arse is quite as impressive though. When I see other XE's driving towards me I immediatley get attracted to it and admire and then remember I'm in one lol very pretty from the side also, I can sit for ages just looking at the shape.

I just want the S to complete my desire!. 2020 will be my upgrade year, by then the new shape will be out and so I shall see what powerful engines they will be offering.

I do like watching people looking at it, when a bloke pays no attention I always think 'what is wrong with this geezer' haha

#9 ·
I had a white van man flash his lights when he was behind me, I like to think it was because he liked the car, but it was probably because I undertook him on a dual carriageway as he was going slow in the outside lane!! :D :evil:

#10 ·
1stjag4me said:
I had a white van man flash his lights when he was behind me, I like to think it was because he liked the car, but it was probably because I undertook him on a dual carriageway as he was going slow in the outside lane!! :D :evil:
Nothing worse than some div going slow in the fast lane

#13 ·
Someone turning around in the end off our street said "now that's a statement" as I was washing it at the time I took it he mentioned me washing the car!

#14 ·
I've had my XE Portfolio for a month now, but I've yet to receive any complements from random strangers. My previous car was an Alfa Romeo Brera Spider and that got lots of admiring comments, perhaps due to its rarity. At times I wish I still had it even though the Jag is a lot quieter and a much smoother ride. Perhaps my first complement will change my mind.

G
#15 ·
BevC said:
My car normally hides behind our rose bushes, but when she is parked on the front of the drive I always find it amusing that she stops grown men in their tracks to stare wistfully at her. You would think after 2 years they would be used to her by now.
Roses Bev? My favourite plant. I have a fantastic display this year from over 70 that I have in my garden. Pookie, our adopted cat, loves lying in the centre bed which is deliberately filled with very heavily scented roses.

#20 ·
Vespa said:
It's to allow for expansion at Mach 2
:lol: I shall definitely use that one next time they do! In the meantime I had a quick browse on the forum about panel gaps - I shall have a fiddle under the bonnet this weekend (worst offender) to see if I can lower and tighten the area around the headlights!

#21 ·
ms1012 said:
Vespa said:
:lol: I shall definitely use that one next time they do! In the meantime I had a quick browse on the forum about panel gaps - I shall have a fiddle under the bonnet this weekend (worst offender) to see if I can lower and tighten the area around the headlights!
My bonnet was sitting a little proud of the nearside wing by the headlight. It was simple to rectify by screwing in the rubber stopper located on the underside of the bonnet.

#22 ·
Vespa said:
...Tell them the gaps were on the insistence of the Insurance Companies.
:p That's true, isn't it? Such a beautiful piece of art that the Insurance Companies were animate that gaps be provided all over the place.
The other owners only WISH their rides had the aesthetics that made Insurance Companies insist on this many gaps!

:cool: Yes, even in NY I've had the customary complements a beautiful car gets:

---Woman in a tight organza dress lets her labradoodle empty his bowels in front of the car behind me, while she uses her phone to take a selfie beside the British Racing Green Jag. (and made sure the leaper was visible)... :|

---Man walking with woman points at my car as I approach slowly up the street.... he tells her something...and then she slaps him in the face. :shock:

---Agent at my Jaguar Service Dealership compliments my XE, says it draws attention because it's already a great body, and you picked the Dark Green, which is super rare around here, says it's a great choice.... and gives it back to me three days later with bird scratches all over the bonnet, because they park the customers' cars in an outside lot. :x

---Older man in a wealthy neighborhood walks up to my driver's window, "Wow, that is a great looking Jaguar--I've seen this model before, but never in that color. Nice car! By the way,... you got a parking ticket"

:roll:

#24 ·
Some random Ibloke I've never seen before walked past my gaff earlier just as I had finished cleaning it "beautiful car mate" just stood there staring at it lol

#26 ·
NewLester de Rocin said:
PhilB needs to get the forum to post THIS thread right alongside the "Worst Car I've had in 25 Years" thread that's up now...
Unfortunately I can't do that as separate topics go their own separate ways.
:D
But, like a lot of negative threads it will get plenty of counter arguments until eventually it will drop off the radar.

I have to say, I only got a couple of comments on my first XE from Jag enthusiasts as it was a new model then.
The current one has had the odd second look but no comments whatsoever!
Must be too "stealthy".
:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.