Bazzamf

Re: Exquisite

Post by Bazzamf » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:56 pm

ms1012 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:33 pm
Vespa wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:02 pm
It's to allow for expansion at Mach 2
:lol: I shall definitely use that one next time they do! In the meantime I had a quick browse on the forum about panel gaps - I shall have a fiddle under the bonnet this weekend (worst offender) to see if I can lower and tighten the area around the headlights!
My bonnet was sitting a little proud of the nearside wing by the headlight. It was simple to rectify by screwing in the rubber stopper located on the underside of the bonnet.
Bazzamf - XE 200 Ingenium Portfolio in Santorini Black

NewLester de Rocin

Post by NewLester de Rocin » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:02 pm

Vespa wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:02 pm
It's to allow for expansion at Mach 2
...Tell them the gaps were on the insistence of the Insurance Companies.
:P That's true, isn't it? Such a beautiful piece of art that the Insurance Companies were animate that gaps be provided all over the place.
The other owners only WISH their rides had the aesthetics that made Insurance Companies insist on this many gaps!

8-) Yes, even in NY I've had the customary complements a beautiful car gets:

---Woman in a tight organza dress lets her labradoodle empty his bowels in front of the car behind me, while she uses her phone to take a selfie beside the British Racing Green Jag. (and made sure the leaper was visible)... :|

---Man walking with woman points at my car as I approach slowly up the street.... he tells her something...and then she slaps him in the face. :shock:

---Agent at my Jaguar Service Dealership compliments my XE, says it draws attention because it's already a great body, and you picked the Dark Green, which is super rare around here, says it's a great choice.... and gives it back to me three days later with bird scratches all over the bonnet, because they park the customers' cars in an outside lot. :x

---Older man in a wealthy neighborhood walks up to my driver's window, "Wow, that is a great looking Jaguar--I've seen this model before, but never in that color. Nice car! By the way,... you got a parking ticket"

:roll:
1990 Corolla DX in Regata Blue; 1996 Corolla DX in Satin Granite Black;
2017 (X760) XE Prestige in British Racing Green

NewLester de Rocin

Post by NewLester de Rocin » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:05 pm

Nice Thread, all!

PhilB needs to get the forum to post THIS thread right alongside the "Worst Car I've had in 25 Years" thread that's up now...
1990 Corolla DX in Regata Blue; 1996 Corolla DX in Satin Granite Black;
2017 (X760) XE Prestige in British Racing Green

billvega

Post by billvega » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:26 pm

Some random Ibloke I've never seen before walked past my gaff earlier just as I had finished cleaning it "beautiful car mate" just stood there staring at it lol
XE R Sport 180, MY18, Corris Grey, Black Pack/Venoms, Cold Climate, 40/20/40, Parking Pack, 10-Way Seats & 4-Way Lumbar.

billvega

Post by billvega » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:28 pm

20180622_182600.jpg

XE R Sport 180, MY18, Corris Grey, Black Pack/Venoms, Cold Climate, 40/20/40, Parking Pack, 10-Way Seats & 4-Way Lumbar.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:27 am

NewLester de Rocin wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:05 pm
PhilB needs to get the forum to post THIS thread right alongside the "Worst Car I've had in 25 Years" thread that's up now...
Unfortunately I can't do that as separate topics go their own separate ways.
:D
But, like a lot of negative threads it will get plenty of counter arguments until eventually it will drop off the radar.

I have to say, I only got a couple of comments on my first XE from Jag enthusiasts as it was a new model then.
The current one has had the odd second look but no comments whatsoever!
Must be too "stealthy".
:lol:
Current: XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Prestige

Post by Prestige » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:07 am

Had a couple of West coast USA friends to stay whilst they were en route to Italy to start a cruise. Met them down under late last year whilst on holiday. He is a Mustang man....constantly taking pictures of " wrong hand drive" Mustang versions whilst down under. When he was told I was about to get an XE,he described it as a "shop" car ( as always in the workshop) from a California perspective.
After their visit to us....and a couple of hundred XE miles on our dire roads with many pictures taken, he reluctantly said "it's some car"....I took that as positive. On a linked topic he said..." How do you guys put up with these roads and this traffic ?" when he drove the Jag to Chatsworth !

happydriver

Post by happydriver » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:38 pm

'stops grown men in their tracks to stare wistfully at her'

Isn't that the number one reason for buying these cats???

Sid

Post by Sid » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:59 pm

Funnily enough, I read this post last night and thought to myself that I hadn't had too many comments on mine. My wife took it to work and she said she had one or two nice comments but generally got ignored (mostly by BMW and Merc drivers). But she said she suspected it was more out of envy than anything else. She drove an old yellow Nissan XTerra for years so there's no way people didn't notice a gleaming white Jag with 20 inch wheels turn up!

However, I happened to be at the gas station this morning filling up and a bloke walked by and said "Wow man, those rims make that thing look amazing!' (I'm in the States, hence the terminology). So I gave him the thumbs up and said "Cheers pal." He probably didn't understand what I said in my strong London accent but he definitely liked the car, or the wheels, or maybe both?

I do notice lots of head turns from people in other cars when out on the road though. Always makes you feel good.

ianp

Post by ianp » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:27 am

"Anyone going faster than me is a maniac and anyone going slower is an idiot!" This is actually a quote.
MY2017 XE R-Sport 25t 250ps Caesium Blue, Oyster/Black leather, 825w Meridian, 11 inch InControl Pro, service plan, stop/start, 19" alloys, heated windscreen, cameras, winter pack and cruise.

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”