XE - Worst Car I've Had in Last 25 Years

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Vespa

Re: XE - Worst Car I've Had in Last 25 Years

Post by Vespa » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:45 am

I think the term "Purchased" is not the same as replaced under warranty. I will check this with my dealer as they told me what I believe to be correct. For example if the car was fitted with a new turbo at 3 years and 1 month and purchased then it has the Jaguar 2 year warranty. Fitted at 2 years and 51 weeks then it has been replaced under warranty and the warranty finishes on the 3 year interval. Perhaps Jaguar CRC can clarify this.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

mhk1058

Post by mhk1058 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:03 am

147daytona wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:34 am
That's horrific, Stratstone Jaguar Swansea are obviously lying through their teeth to try and get out of that one.

I would contact Jaguar head office and get them to sort it out. It can't be good for them that one of their dealers is clearly denying their responsibilities by not admitting it is their cock-up. There can't be any other explanation for how a turbo spindle can get in there other than they left it there!

Oh, and tell them you expect to be compensated for the cost of the hire car as well!

Things like this, in any situation, really get my back up so I can only imagine how angry you must be.

Good luck with your fight and keep us updated.
In fact Lancaster Reading have already escalated it to Jaguar UK customer services, I am also not even discussing with the dealer anymore and going straight to Stratstone HQ and yes, I will be going for hire car costs. 2,500 miles through France plus roof rack sn't going to be cheap.
XE 2.0d 180 R-Sport
Ammonite Grey
Black Pack
Privacy Glass
Meridian 380w 11 Speaker Sounds
Taurus Sports Leather Jet/Red
Bi-Xenon Headlights with LED running lights
40/20/40 Split folding rear seats
19" 5 twin spoke star alloy wheels

mhk1058

Post by mhk1058 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:06 am

PhilB wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:08 am
Totally agree.
As far as I have found, any genuine Jaguar parts and accessories are covered by a two-year warranty.
So the new engine and turbo should be covered.
I can't understand why dealers are trying to pass the buck as warranty work is paid for by Jaguar once it's been approved so the dealers are making money.
I would also send a pm to the CRC rep (CRC@Jaguar) on here giving details of your vin, the dealers involed and where the situation is to date.
Problem is, this is now not warranty work. All warranty work is underwritten by Jaguar UK but is only for manufacturing defects. This is negligence in behalf of the dealer.
XE 2.0d 180 R-Sport
Ammonite Grey
Black Pack
Privacy Glass
Meridian 380w 11 Speaker Sounds
Taurus Sports Leather Jet/Red
Bi-Xenon Headlights with LED running lights
40/20/40 Split folding rear seats
19" 5 twin spoke star alloy wheels

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:10 am

mhk1058 wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:06 am
Problem is, this is now not warranty work. All warranty work is underwritten by Jaguar UK but is only for manufacturing defects. This is negligence in behalf of the dealer.
Good luck then and I hope you get it all sorted.
Current: XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”