Online service history

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Jagxesmn

Re: Online service history

Post by Jagxesmn » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:19 pm

I too would prefer a paper logbook but I have successfully registered a non Jaguar service on the website and it has the option to upload an invoice copy too.
Rgds
Steve
XES, MY17, IRR, red interior, 20" alloys, black pack

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:56 pm

I think that the online service history was to stop all the fake service records on paper. It wasn't hard to buy a rubber stamp with a dealer look to it and stamp the service book to make it look official. Only a genuine service is now recordable by a Jaguar dealer. I assume that independants can register to provide service details but I would imagine at a cost thus kicking out the cheap jack twisters that forged documents. I am not saying who but I knew someone I worked with who stamped up VW Audi service books for a small fee. Another big money twist is the winding back of the electronic clocks on cars, for a fee, to avoid paying for extra mileage on PCP cars. The cars that are bought for 6000 miles max and then 15p per mile over the 6000 limit. There are loads of those fiddled cars on the road.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

StillStanding

Post by StillStanding » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:29 pm

I've just been able to check my online service history OK. There is also an option to add a non-Jaguar service!

Anyhow, my question, my petrol XE first registered/delivered 1/9/17, and online says service due 1/9/18 or at 16,000 miles as I expected. So why have I had messages counting down to "Service due in zero miles" at 5,600 miles and 45 days early?
XE Portforlio 2.0L 200PS Petrol Fienza Red, parking pack, folding mirrors, spacesaver spare wheel, 40:20:40 folding rear seat, probably more I haven't found yet

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:24 pm

Who knows is this a fault or fiddle???

Murrow

Post by Murrow » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:20 am

Ease of access might be browser related. I couldn't get the web pages to load properly when using MS Edge but Google Chrome worked perfectly.

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:27 am

Still standing, your countdown is correct to give you ample time to book it in. It works on time or distance and in your case it is time. You may also find that because of the low mileage (as I do) that the next service mileage will be reduced but not the time.

Chak59

Post by Chak59 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:10 pm

Murrow wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:20 am
Ease of access might be browser related. I couldn't get the web pages to load properly when using MS Edge but Google Chrome worked perfectly.
Thanks for the advice - Google Chrome worked perfectly and I'm now registered.

I noticed on the website that there was mention of an OSH manual, presumably containing details of what needs doing at each service, so next task is to find it!
Jaguar XE Portfolio D Auto 180, 2017, Italian Racing Red. 19" black alloys.

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”