Jaguar XE Forum banner

Cooling seats fail

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  WhoRu 
#1 ·
Hi

I wonder if there is anyone here who has cooling seats on his xe? I have noticed that the backrest is not cooled down. But the seating part does it, the fans hums from both parts. And this applies to both front seats.

Anyone have suggestions on what the error can be?

#2 ·
If it's like the XF if you go into the climate control section of the menu you can ask it to only work on one part of the seat or both although I thought that was back only or both, not seat only. If that is the case then it's back to the dealer for fixing.

#3 ·
yeah, go into the seat climate control and have a look in there.... works fine for me. Yes, depending on how high you set the seat fan you can hear it, sounds louder on the passenger side which suggests that with use the fan is less loud.

#4 ·
I have gone through on the settings of the seats and when I choose to only cool the backrest the fan is running but not at all the same sound as on the seating partand no cooling just sound. If I start only the seat, it gets freezing cold.

My biggest problem is that my warranty expired last month. While my AC didn't work. I thought it was therefore the coolers dident work. At last the AC was fixt and then I noticed that it did not cool right on my seats.

So this will problebly cost lots of money.

#7 ·
I have been visiting my dealer, they did not believe me when I said that the coolers in my seats did not work without cold, but stated that they should cool themselves through an cooling element found in the seats.
So I got to take him in the car and turned off the fan (we have about 33 degrees ). After 10 minutes he concluded that they did not get any cold at all from the seats. And as soon as we started AC the seats became cold as ice.

Now I have a new time on Thursday so we will see what they arrive at.

#8 ·
I have just noticed the same problem in my XE. I originally thought that only the seat was cooled, but yesterday I stumbled across the setting that allows you to choose either seat, back or both to be cooled. When I selected the back only, I couldn't really feel any change. Swapped back to cooling both and could clearly feel the seat cooling. I'm still in warranty, so will be interested to see if Jaguar come up with a solution for you Mattias.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.