This is not my week. A warning regarding RAINEX !!

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Pongo

Re: This is not my week. A warning regarding RAINEX !!

Post by Pongo » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:42 pm

I have a slow puncture and can see a screw head buried in the tread. Losing about 1 psi per day. Luckily the screw head is right in the middle of the tyre so should be repairable.

I know this is off topic - but I wonder how likely it is that the wheel will be damaged during the tyre off / tyre on process. 20" Propellers. Have had 20" wheels on an XKR and an XK and no matter where I went the wheels ended up with nicks / marks as a result of tyre changes. I'm a bit of a wheel freak and have to have completely unmarked wheels !

I think it is where they lever against the adjustable thing that is supposed to stop the lever then touching the wheel - but it flexes and touches the wheel none the less. Or something like that....
2016 XE-S 340

147daytona

Post by 147daytona » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:47 pm

Make sure you point out, with the tyre fitter, that there are no marks on your wheel before they do anything with it.
If you then check the wheel again before driving off, then they are responsible for getting any damage repaired!
MY17 240 R-Sport, IRR, Black Pack, Park Pack, Cold Climate Pack, 19" Twin 5 Spokes, Jet/Red Interior, 10 Way + Lumbar, Split Rear Seat, ICT Pro, Illuminated Tread Plates, Configurable Mood Lighting, Alloy Paddles & Pedals, Homelink, Spare Wheel.

Domfow

Post by Domfow » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:56 pm

PhilB wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:39 pm
Domfow wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:12 pm
PhilB wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:58 am
Just don't mention what type of tyres you have.
The cross-climate and winter tyre lot will be out from their summer hibernation soon.
:D
Hello :twisted:
23 degrees here today so back in yer box!
:mrgreen:
I'll be Back ;)
Jaguar XE Portfolio 163ps manual Bluefire with Oyster leather, extras: xenon, reverse camera, heated screen, upgrade matts, dim mirrors

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:06 pm

Pongo, most tyre fitters are using a new fangled plastic guard and this protects the rim from damage. Its shaped flexible plastic about 6" long and is so simple it's brilliant. No marks on any of my 4 wheels using this.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

Vespa

Post by Vespa » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:42 pm

The last bit of the tale. The wheel was repaired today and it is impossible to see the work done. A really good job, cosidering it is a diamond cut wheel.
180 diesel XE R Sport, with many extras :D

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”