Missing HDMI port and no video playback and no television!?

All Jaguar XE related discussions
Ayazxe

Missing HDMI port and no video playback and no television!?

Post by Ayazxe » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:08 pm

Hello everyone new to the forum
New to the new XE
As usual no reply from the dealership !!!
I don't have a HDMI port is this normal for UK cars so that we don't play video, there is no television option either?
Besides scrapping the front end and alloys on stupid unmaintained bumps and restricted high kerb entries this remains my gripe :oops:
Can anyone help!? Thank you :D

MY19 68 reg XE RSport 20d (180bhp) Santorini black very few options and extras as I didn't wanna wait, got one that was already made but with ICT pro and winter pack and privacy glass.

147daytona

Re: Missing HDMI port and no video playback and no television!?

Post by 147daytona » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:27 pm

I have the HDMI port in my 2017 240 R-Sport but have never used it, and why would you want TV in a car anyway?
You can play a video file from the USB port or from the CD/DVD player, but only whilst stationary (for obvious safety reasons).
MY17 240 R-Sport, IRR, Black Pack, Park Pack, Cold Climate Pack, 19" Twin 5 Spokes, Jet/Red Interior, 10 Way + Lumbar, Split Rear Seat, ICT Pro, Illuminated Tread Plates, Configurable Mood Lighting, Alloy Paddles & Pedals, Homelink, Spare Wheel.

ChristianFS

Post by ChristianFS » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:57 pm

To be fair I have the port and a dual view due to a dealer error and we use it a fair bit on long journeys for my daughter to watch a film with the headphones, whilst my wife and I listen to music and have the satnav on.

Cdco

Post by Cdco » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:48 pm

From specifying mine the hdmi port and TV playback were an option, can't remember which one it is, I've got the Ict Pro, I think it's now standard, but no hdmi or TV either.
The fleet.
Jaguar XE 250 R-Sport MY19, Firenze Red.
Mini John Cooper Works, Thunder Grey.
Lotus Elise S2 111S, Ardent Red.

Ayazxe

Post by Ayazxe » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:33 am

I was kinda hoping to run Waze off my phone using Chrome a or something, as the navigation pro with traffic (which doesn't seem to get live info) is not at par with Waze specially in London during rush hour keeps bringing me to standstill traffic !
And despite me searching far and wide I don't think the software update is possible which will bring android auto of carplay to life in my car :cry: (apparently there's a version out there with some dealers at cost)

bensales

Post by bensales » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:35 am

Ayazxe wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:08 pm
I don't have a HDMI port is this normal for UK cars so that we don't play video, there is no television option either?
Besides scrapping the front end and alloys on stupid unmaintained bumps and restricted high kerb entries this remains my gripe :oops:
Can anyone help!? Thank you :D

MY19 68 reg XE RSport 20d (180bhp) Santorini black very few options and extras as I didn't wanna wait, got one that was already made but with ICT pro and winter pack and privacy glass.
Did you actually order InControl Touch Pro? Because MY19 cars come with the 10 screen of the old Pro system, but not the actually Pro system. It’s now an extra 1000 quid or something like that for ‘Pro Navigation’ and another 500 or so for the digital dash. Basically the same price as the old Pro system would have cost.

TV was always an extra cost option.

Dealers are probably still referring to the 10in screen as the ‘Pro’ system, when it isn’t anymore.
2018 XF-S Supercharged. In black. With extra black bits. And a bit more black.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:12 am

As Ben says and looking at the chat on sister forums it looks like the HDMI port only comes now with the TV/dual view paid for option.
I have one on mine MY18) with the full Pro but the latest spec is probably to do with covering themselves as regards movies etc whilst on the move.

Again, the 10" screen is now standard on all XE's and they all have "Pro services with WiFi Hotspot" as standard but unless you pay extra you won't have the 380 Meridian (£540) (the standard set-up is now 125 watts as opposed to the previous 80w) nor will the digital dash (£510) be thrown in as part of the packeage as it was previously.
Those will cost you about the same as previously when you ordered the Pro so no winners apart from JLR !
XE S 380, Storm grey Pics Black venoms/black pack, 18 ways, BSM, 40/20/40, ICTPro 380, parking pack, spare wheel.
Previous: 2015 XE S 340, British Racing Green.

Stephen

Post by Stephen » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:28 pm

The following are shown as standard features under INFOTAINMENT for MY19 UK specification cars:

Pro Services and Wi-Fi Hotpsot
Digital Audio Broadcast (DAB) Radio
Protect
Remote Premium
Navigation Pro
InControl Apps
Audio AUX-IN
Bluetooth® telephone connectivity
Bluetooth® Streaming
Text to Speech
1 x USB socket supports iPod integration
Dynamic Volume Control
10" Touch Pro

The Meridian Sound Systems (380W and 825W), Interactive Driver Display, 10" Touch Pro Dual View and CD/DVD player as cost options.

Return to “Main Jaguar XE chat”